• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which hat does KCSO wear

Do they use campaign hats?

Originally posted by dennis amoakohe View Post
    Do they use campaign hats?
    Only agency that still requires hats is WSP.

Like the poster above said, most common hat is a ball cap. You will still see a few old timers wearing an 8 point but it is not common at all. Not like the east coast...

Comment

They do issue everyone a campaign hat. I think most deputies would only wear it with the dress uniform on special occasions. I did come across a traffic-enthusiast patrol deputy who wore his on the road. The SHERIFF gold letters on black ball cap is the only other hat issued. I've seen a few other versions of ball caps as well that were likely purchased personally.
      Leaving my job as a Navy Pilot to become a cop..."This humble pie tastes great Sir, can I have some more?"

Comment

Lakewood also uses the campaign hat and a few other counties (Cowlitz I know does, Thurston too). There are still a few agencies out there that issue campaign hats.

So yes, KCSO still uses the campaign hat.

Comment

From my past experience with deputies/city officers, I dont believe a hat is manditated. Im pretty sure its optional. Alot of KCSO sheriffs wear baseball type hats with SHERIFF on it. Most of the deputies I have met choose not to wear hats. As a fellow WSP applicant from what Ive gathered im pretty sure WSP is the only agency that is required to wear hats while on shift. ( I tend to like our WSP smokey the bear hat )
          I may be wrong though.
          Most of the KCSO guys ive met wear black caps such as this

Comment

I feel the campaign/smokey the bear shows more authority that the hat Seattle PD uses.

Comment

Seattle PD uniform patrol isn't allowed to wear hats. They do give their people hats, however, their uniform patrol is not allowed to wear hats.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4575 users online. 245 members and 4330 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X