300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserve units

Are there any departments actively looking for Reserve Officers/Deputies? I heard that some departments were disbanding their reserves due to recent law enforcement reform bill. I haven't seen Fife, Monroe, Thurston County post Reserve positions in a while.

Thank you.

Via a quick Google search the only thing I saw off the top was a Reserve Police Officer for the City of Lakewood, WA. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I think every agency is looking for full time officers right now due to almost EVERY single department having multiple openings right now, and struggling to fill those positions. When I expanded the search on Google it looks like Oregon has more positions posted for Reserves - Hillsboro, Sherwood, Beaverton, etc.

Comment

I learned to check Google first. I applied to Lakewood and have not heard back. I'm also exploring the option of applying in Oregon.

Comment

Lakewood, Normandy Park, King County and Pierce County still have Reserve Officers, as do small places like Algona and Pacific. Fife, Puyallup and Black diamond all got rid of them

Comment

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          Portlandia disbanded their reserve unit some time ago too.

Originally posted by SeatacSTEP View Post
        Are there any departments actively looking for Reserve Officers/Deputies? I heard that some departments were disbanding their reserves due to recent law enforcement reform bill. I haven't seen Fife, Monroe, Thurston County post Reserve positions in a while.

Thank you.
        Are you looking east or west of the Cascades? Anyone looking on the west side of the Cascades won't pass a psych eval.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2797 users online. 160 members and 2637 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X