300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smaller Agencies PNW

Does anyone work for Sumner or Fife? Their PST profiles say they are hiring.

Looking for information on entry level, specifically if anyone has been hired or knows someone who has been hired within the last 2-4 years with these departments.

Many lateral LEO’s are filling up the smaller departments ranks it seems.

Does entry and lateral rank on the same eligibility list?

Everyone is hiring, all the time.

The manpower shortages that I have experienced over the last 30 years are only going to get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
      Everyone is hiring, all the time.

The manpower shortages that I have experienced over the last 30 years are only going to get worse.

Aidokea,

Do you work as a LEO in Washington State?

I am #1 in four departments and many are processing laterals leaving large cities.

Comment

Originally posted by K13 View Post

Aidokea,

Do you work as a LEO in Washington State?

I am #1 in four departments and many are processing laterals leaving large cities.

I have lived in Washington, close enough to the Sea-Tac area to feel it.

I was a cop in Portland for years. I got hired in '91, and worked the Rodney King riots there.

I was injured in the line of duty and retired from a different agency shortly before that situation in Minneapolis. An agency that paid even better than Portland, in an equally liberal part of the country.

Right after retirement, I was recruited to provide armed plainclothes protective services for the news crews covering the riots in downtown Portland. I knew some of the officers on the front lines, and worked with them every night for about 6 months. So I have a pretty good feel for what's going on in that part of the country.

Which makes me very thankful that our next move was to buy a ranch in central Texas and move here.

Large numbers of tenured officers are now leaving large liberal-run cities, to finish out their careers elsewhere, as you have observed. Agencies have always poached each other's talent, but this is something entirely different- this is a mass exodus.

Now is an excellent time not to be a cop at all.

But if you must do it, I think you're looking in the wrong place(s). Looking at different agencies in a part of the country that hates cops, is not a good idea. You should be looking in a different part of the country.

Fife may not be Seattle, but it's close enough that you will almost definitely be dealing with similar problems there. Anywhere west of the Cascades, is probably going to be a no-go.

Even if you're looking east of the Cascades, you're still in a state controlled by the large numer of liberals living in those larger cities west of the Cascades. Same thing for Oregon and Washington.

Plus, Washington is one of the liberal states that has "legalized" drugs that remain illegal under federal law. This attracts large numbers of drug criminals from other parts of the country, which in turn makes for more person crimes, lots more property crimes, massive amounts of DUIs, and more DUI crashes.

If you have to do this, you should be looking some place like Texas or Florida, outside of the large cities that the west coast liberals are fleeing to. You may not make as much money, but the cost of living is dirt cheap. There are thin blue line flags and stickers all over, people will stop you in the grocery store to thank you for your service, and it says "IN GOD WE TRUST" on the police cars. These indicators tell me that you're not as likely here to be sent to prison for the rest of your life to appease a hysterical mob of soft cowardly pasty white purple haired unemployed dope smoking black clad sofa dwelling gender studies dropouts threatening to torch and loot if their Democrat politicians don't give them your head on a platter.
        Last edited by Aidokea; 07-04-2021, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I have lived in Washington, close enough to the Sea-Tac area to feel it.

I was a cop in Portland for years. I got hired in '91, and worked the Rodney King riots there.

I was injured in the line of duty and retired from a different agency shortly before that situation in Minneapolis. An agency that paid even better than Portland, in an equally liberal part of the country.

Right after retirement, I was recruited to provide armed plainclothes protective services for the news crews covering the riots in downtown Portland. I knew some of the officers on the front lines, and worked with them every night for about 6 months. So I have a pretty good feel for what's going on in that part of the country.

Which makes me very thankful that our next move was to buy a ranch in central Texas and move here.

Large numbers of tenured officers are now leaving large liberal-run cities, to finish out their careers elsewhere, as you have observed. Agencies have always poached each other's talent, but this is something entirely different- this is a mass exodus.

Now is an excellent time not to be a cop at all.

But if you must do it, I think you're looking in the wrong place(s). Looking at different agencies in a part of the country that hates cops, is not a good idea. You should be looking in a different part of the country.

Fife may not be Seattle, but it's close enough that you will almost definitely be dealing with similar problems there. Anywhere west of the Cascades, is probably going to be a no-go.

Even if you're looking east of the Cascades, you're still in a state controlled by the large numer of liberals living in those larger cities west of the Cascades. Same thing for Oregon and Washington.

Plus, Washington is one of the liberal states that has "legalized" drugs that remain illegal under federal law. This attracts large numbers of drug criminals from other parts of the country, which in turn makes for more person crimes, lots more property crimes, massive amounts of DUIs, and more DUI crashes.

If you have to do this, you should be looking some place like Texas or Florida, outside of the large cities that the west coast liberals are fleeing to. You may not make as much money, but the cost of living is dirt cheap. There are thin blue line flags and stickers all over, people will stop you in the grocery store to thank you for your service, and it says "IN GOD WE TRUST" on the police cars. These indicators tell me that you're not as likely here to be sent to prison for the rest of your life to appease a hysterical mob of soft cowardly pasty white purple haired unemployed dope smoking black clad sofa dwelling gender studies dropouts threatening to torch and loot if their Democrat politicians don't give them your head on a platter.

I feel a lot of what your saying. I certainly am not in it for the money.

You say areas of Texas outside the city. What places do you know of that are hiring that fit the above criteria?

The legalization of drugs in this area is my biggest issue. I’m looking for a place that encourages drug arrests, and supports the efforts of the officers doing so.

Comment

Not Austin...

Comment

Not Austin...
              What’s the story with Dallas PD?

Comment

I was a deputy prosecutor in Seattle for several years and I grew up in Portland. I would not want to be a cop in either city. Many of the officers I worked with have lateraled to smaller agencies in the area. If you want to stay in the metro area, look at Kirkland, Bellevue, Renton, Auburn, Des Moines, etc. I don’t know much about Fife or Sumner. I would personally go more toward central or eastern Washington. I know several SPD officers who are very happy they went that direction.

Comment

What’s the story with Dallas PD?
                  I don't know, but they have elected only one Republican mayor since 1995, so I'll let you do the math on that one...
                  Last edited by Aidokea; 07-04-2021, 11:21 AM.

Comment

San Antonio hasn't elected a Republican mayor in almost 25 years...
                    Last edited by Aidokea; 07-04-2021, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Winter_Patriot View Post
                      I was a deputy prosecutor in Seattle for several years and I grew up in Portland. I would not want to be a cop in either city. Many of the officers I worked with have lateraled to smaller agencies in the area. If you want to stay in the metro area, look at Kirkland, Bellevue, Renton, Auburn, Des Moines, etc. I don’t know much about Fife or Sumner. I would personally go more toward central or eastern Washington. I know several SPD officers who are very happy they went that direction.
                      Not even my LEO friends recommend becoming a officer in this state. I have applied to Kirkland and Auburn as well. My background investigators even drop hints about the issues.

My personal opinion is it will turn around. I remember when 9/11 happened. Everyone wanted to be a LEO/FF or join the Military.

People in the PNW are waking up to the reality that we have a huge opiate and meth crisis. Over 15% of my graduated class has died from drug OD. Every ride along I’ve done has an OD. I work downtown and there are people OD’ing on the streets. 2 guys I served with died from drug use. And over 20 people I’ve worked with in my trade have either died or been laid off due to drug use.

I am passionate about being on the other side of the crisis.

I understand the desire to leave the area, but that does not seem to be a solution to the problem in my eyes.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                        Winter_Patriot commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I’d like to think you’re right but I don’t see anything turning around. Seeing their cities burn did very little to make the Seattle and Portland population much more supportive of police. If that doesn’t make the climate turn around, nothing will.

• ajc1970
                        ajc1970 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        "Over 15% of my graduated class has died from drug OD. "

How big was your graduating class and how long has it been since you graduated? That just seems impossible. And if true, I'm sorry, because 15% dead from ODs is horrible.

It will not turn around. There is no putting this genie back in the bottle. Get out while you can, before you become another casualty...
                      Last edited by Aidokea; 07-04-2021, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Houston has elected two Republican mayors...in the entire history of the city, dating back to 1837...

Comment

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

I understand policy and politicians can make it easier for evil to occur, but it will happen quicker and consume everyone if their is no resistance.

Comment

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

I understand policy and politicians can make it easier for evil to occur, but it will happen quicker and consume everyone if their is no resistance.
                            Buddy, go walk through the tent cities on the sidewalks in Old Town in Portland. It is common and accepted for the zombies of Portland, to shoot up in broad daylight right in front of cops who can't arrest people for meth, heroin, weed, or any of the other drugs down there. It is common and accepted for the zombies to drop their pants and take a dump on the sidewalk in front of women and children.

The last time I rode the Max into Portland (to avoid taking my custom-ordered Porsche convertible downtown), I almost had to shoot two different people as we were traveling through Felony Flats- one mental subject that spontaneously decided that he wanted to fight me and began approaching me with a bicycle U-lock in his hand, and another one that spontaneously attacked a random passenger with a stun gun, and then turned on me when I hit the red alarm button. So I quit taking the train, and just parked my Porsche inside the fenced and gated lot of the TV station, so that the rioters wouldn't torch it. I actually kept a Bernie bumper sticker in the frunk, ready to slap onto the back window if I ever had to park it downtown.

Take a look at the boarded-up businesses and police stations. Take a look at the graffiti and vandalism around the Justice Center. Several times, they have torched occupied police buildings after barricading the doors to try to prevent anyone from escaping. They're throwing molotov cocktails. They've sharpened their sign posts into spears. They bring long PVC pipes sharpened on one end, to try to stab officers through fences. They've duct-taped giant knives onto the ends of umbrellas. They use wrist rockets to fire glass marbles and big steel ball bearings at officers faces. At least three officers have been blinded for life, by rioters using weaponized illegal high-powered lasers. Numerous times, pallets of bricks are delivered to the scene of impending riots. And officers are not allowed to respond.

A guy was shot dead in the street downtown last year, by the AnitiFirstAmendment domestic terrorist that chased down the victim because he thought the victim just LOOKED like a supporter of the President- he didn't even speak to the victim before he executed him.

There is no war to win- it's over.

So if you think you're going to go to one of these big liberal cities to make things better by enforcing laws that the voters, the politicians, the courts, the police command, and the criminals don't want you to enforce, you could very easily end up spending the rest of your life in prison.
                            Last edited by Aidokea; 07-04-2021, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                              Winter_Patriot commented
                              Editing a comment
                              If anything, things are declining at a more rapid pace. Washington state basically made hard drugs legal. Prior to that, in the height of the pandemic, prosecutors allowed open air drug markets. Any dealer with less than three to six grams was basically not getting prosecuted, that charging standard has probably gotten worse since then.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4513 users online. 309 members and 4204 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X