300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blea

Hello! I was wondering if y’all have any tips or advice for recruits going through the academy?
    Last edited by trippymane143; 07-04-2021, 08:17 PM.

"You y'all"?

Run. A lot.

And proofread your stuff.

Comment

No, you don't run at all anymore in BLEA outside of the first PAT. The biggest thing I saw trip people up.. Firearms failures, and getting themselves kicked out for avoidable stuff. As long as you pay attention and study with flash cards and write down what they tell you is important. you'll pass easily.

Comment

• BelieveTheHype
        BelieveTheHype commented
        Editing a comment
        You do not run at all...period. Washington eliminated the 1.5 mile run, and 300m dash. It is now only push ups, sit ups and burpees. No running at all. You can contact a few people dig thru the SPD thread and you will see some people that just got hired and finished the all SPD class. They will be able to help if they are willing.

They don't even do burpees. Squat thrusts are different.

Comment

Wow. I've never heard of an academy that didn't involve running.

Comment

Wow again. I just read the PAT stuff for BLEA.

You only have to do 20 pushups to be a cop in Washington state? And no running?

When you're rolling around on the ground with somebody trying to kill you, I'd be concerned about exactly what kind of "help" was coming...

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
            Wow again. I just read the PAT stuff for BLEA.

You only have to do 20 pushups to be a cop in Washington state? And no running?

When you're rolling around on the ground with somebody trying to kill you, I'd be concerned about exactly what kind of "help" was coming...
            I literally just looked into this and thought exactly the same thing.... This is the worst Physical Test for a police officer i've ever seen. They have really lowered the standards here.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, it’s not like the legislature or most agencies will even let you pursue felons anymore unless a murder just happened in your presence basically.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4511 users online. 309 members and 4202 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X