300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pobcause4,

I'm still waiting on my background and they have not asked me to take a pt test. I thought you take that test only if you get a pre-employment letter, although I did have to weigh in when I took my oral board, to make sure i was within my weight requirements. I was also told i would have to weigh-in again when I was called for the medical evaluation.

Comment

WANNABEWSP,

Thanks! I thought I had missed something. I am ramping up my cardio after hitting the weights for a couple months. I was concerned I would need to accelerate the pace of my workout schedule. How long have you been waiting on your background? It looks like 4-6months is about par for the course.

Comment

Probcause4
        I turned in my background info in December, and still patiently waiting.

Comment

WOW. I've got a long wait ahead! I turned mine in last week! I guess I have plenty of time to bring my 1.5 run to under 9 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ProbCause4 View Post
            WOW. I've got a long wait ahead! I turned mine in last week! I guess I have plenty of time to bring my 1.5 run to under 9 minutes.
            Dont think its gonna come that fast. I've been running about 4 times a week and only brought my 1.5 mi time down by a minute and a half in almost four months. But good luck anyhow. You got a long wait

Comment

9 minutes would be quite the feat. If you can do it, that would be awesome. I actually havent had a chance to time my 1.5 mile on a track. I only run on a treadmill and timing it from that isnt really accurate. I run better on a track than on a treadmill. **Keep in mind that if you are accepted to the NOV academy and get through your process quickly, you have about 6 months to do so. If you are not accepted into this upcomming arming class, there is really no way to determine the next arming class until its 100% official.

Comment

You're right, I just started so I'll aim for 9 and be happy with something better than a 12 minute 1.5 mile! Unless I'm testing off the charts (ha!) I am betting a November arming class is a long shot for me. But I've made sure to be prepared for each phase, so I'll prepare for the impossible and hope for the best! Anyone close to being under nine minutes yet on that run?

Comment

Shoot...I'll be glad to run it in under 13:00. Right now, if I killed myself and puked afterward I may run it in like 16:00...maybe. But I havn't even gotten my weight down to officially apply yet, so I got a way longer wait than y'all. Maybe by the time I'm where you guys are at, the economy will be better, there will be a better president in office and more academy classes... Well one can hope anyway.
                  sigpic
                  No Boom Today. Boom Tommorow. There's Always A Boom Tommorow.

Comment

If you've had the polygraph already, did they tell you if you passed right then or did you have to wait? Where did you take the polygraph?

Thx, Pc4

Comment

PC4

the administrator will tell you right then if you pass or fail, Mine was in Olympia.

Comment

If you've had the polygraph already, did they tell you if you passed right then or did you have to wait? Where did you take the polygraph?

Thx, Pc4
                        When I took my polygraph, It was held in the administration building. (same place where phase 1 and 2 are conducted)). After completing all my questions, the polygraph administrator reviewed all my answers and came back and said I passed and that I was moving on to the background investigation. After I passed the background investigation, I received a letter stating that I was on the eligibility roster. Now I am just waiting for my conditional letter of employment so I can take my physical (cough, cough) test, and take the post psychological and then move on to the academy in November

Comment

WSP gives the psych last out of all the tests?
                          " I DON'T WANT A LARGE FARVA!"

Comment

Originally posted by R.A.B. View Post
                            WSP gives the psych last out of all the tests?
                            Im not sure if its in a specific order but the physical and the psych are all part of phase 4. Once you pass that, you are a good to go for the arming class.
                            To my knowledge the WSP process is the following
                            Phase 1- written/reading test
                            Phase 2- oral boards
                            Phase 3- polygraph/background investigation
                            Phase 4- Physical exam/psych test
                            PT test to get into arming
                            6 weeks of arming
                            From arming you either go to Trooper basic or become a cadet
                            Once passing trooper basic====> Commissioned WSP trooper
                            Last edited by Super_HKS; 05-29-2009, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks.....my wife has made it to phase two twice, she just can't seem to get past that pesky oral board.
                              " I DON'T WANT A LARGE FARVA!"

Comment

Originally posted by Super_HKS View Post
                                ... It was held in the administration building. (same place where phase 1 and 2 are conducted)...
                                Nowadays they do phase 1 in the L&I building in tumwater. I took mine in Marysville with a few other guys... Sometimes the recruiters will come out to ppl who live a bit far from Olympia (if they can get enough applicants to come)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3613 users online. 169 members and 3444 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X