300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WestTarheel View Post

Understood. Thank you for the reply, you're right I can always improve the situation.
    But good luck getting a job during CoronaCon 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post

But good luck getting a job during CoronaCon 2020

I was wondering about that. I haven't heard anything about a delay yet for the testing but I am anticipating it.

Comment

• They have postponed police academies in Illinois and pretty much any kinda activity that involves more than 5 people here also. So since Washington state is ground zero for CoronaCon 2020, I imagine that things that they are putting on hold to deal with this "crisis" (sarcasm and puns meant).

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
          They have postponed police academies in Illinois and pretty much any kinda activity that involves more than 5 people here also. So since Washington state is ground zero for CoronaCon 2020, I imagine that things that they are putting on hold to deal with this "crisis" (sarcasm and puns meant).
          They just canceled the April test and the email stated we needed to reapply for the July testing period. I went ahead and did so. A little extra time for additional PT training is always good I suppose.

Comment

• Do they do a PAT in the equivalency academy?
            Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

• BelieveTheHype
              BelieveTheHype commented
              Editing a comment
              You are required to take PAT during testing. Once hired you are required to pass the PAT again to get into the academy.

• Decided
              Decided commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm a lateral. There is no PAT in the hiring process for laterals.

• BelieveTheHype
              BelieveTheHype commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah, then no you are not required to do the PAT.

• Decided
              Decided commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the info.

• Here is an update with what has been happening on my end.

I am currently ranked at 21/168 for my testing period on Jan 11th.

January 11th: I took the written and scored 95%
            January 18th: I took the physical and passed.
            January 25th: I had my oral boards and passed.
            March 15th: I have my interview with my background investigator
            March 23rd: I have my polygraph exam scheduled.
            March 23rd: I failed my polygraph, rescheduled a retest for April 2nd, so far on my journey I have passed two polygraphs and failed one.

I am still the furthest along with Mercer Island, I am in backgrounds with them. It would be nice to have a plan B as a backup. Here's hoping things go well on the 2nd of April, if not I guess Seattle PD was not ment to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zephyl View Post
              Here is an update with what has been happening on my end.

I am currently ranked at 21/168 for my testing period on Jan 11th.

January 11th: I took the written and scored 95%
              January 18th: I took the physical and passed.
              January 25th: I had my oral boards and passed.
              March 15th: I have my interview with my background investigator
              March 23rd: I have my polygraph exam scheduled.
              March 23rd: I failed my polygraph, rescheduled a retest for April 2nd, so far on my journey I have passed two polygraphs and failed one.

I am still the furthest along with Mercer Island, I am in backgrounds with them. It would be nice to have a plan B as a backup. Here's hoping things go well on the 2nd of April, if not I guess Seattle PD was not ment to be.
              Thanks for the update. I'm scheduled to take the test in July now.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'm scheduled to take the test in July now.
                Hey you testing for SFD too????

Comment

• Originally posted by TedMosby View Post

Hey you testing for SFD too????
                  Haha yeah how did you know?

Comment

Haha yeah how did you know?
                    Haha cuz im on that thread too! RC 113 Candidate

Comment

• Originally posted by TedMosby View Post

Haha cuz im on that thread too! RC 113 Candidate

Thats great! Best of luck with that one too!

Comment

• So they had me retake my polygraph test today instead of next week, didn't do well again, and I am out of the process until the next testing period six months from now. I am still in the running for another agency, I passed the polygraph for that agency, now hopefully I will be finishing up backgrounds soon. I am hopeful that this one will pan out. For whatever reason, becoming a police officer for SPD was not in my cards this time around.

Good luck on other future applicants! Wishing you guys the best in the testing and hiring process!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zephyl View Post
                          So they had me retake my polygraph test today instead of next week, didn't do well again, and I am out of the process until the next testing period six months from now. I am still in the running for another agency, I passed the polygraph for that agency, now hopefully I will be finishing up backgrounds soon. I am hopeful that this one will pan out. For whatever reason, becoming a police officer for SPD was not in my cards this time around.

Good luck on other future applicants! Wishing you guys the best in the testing and hiring process!
                          Congrats on failing. Best thing that could have happened for your career and happiness.

Comment

• Any updates from anyone in the January 11th test? Background interviews, polygraphs, psych evaluations, medical, conditional/final offers of employment? Curious where everyones at in the process. Good luck!

Comment

• BelieveTheHype
                              BelieveTheHype commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Does not help your testing group, but I am from Octobers 2019 testing group. Met my BI and still waiting to get scheduled for a polygraph. I want to say its been a good 16 weeks now since I met my BI. Spoke with an SPD officer today, she stated most detectives (background) have been working from home and that she is sure things are slowing down due to covid-19, and the fact that the Washington police academy has currently suspended classes. No reason to push new hires through the hiring process when you will just be sitting waiting to get sent to the academy longer than usual.

Best advice stay patient, be ready for a email/call at anytime. SPD's April testing group has been cancelled so they have a little extra time to get through everyone before July's testing group. I am sure you read Zephyl information above he is from the same testing group as you. You should have been contacted by your BI by now if you scored well on your written exam and you have passed oral boards and such. If not then remember there is still people from Oct. 19 group still waiting.

• Haileys_x_comet
                              Haileys_x_comet commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hi there. I was part of the January 11th testing. Background interviews done and all good, polygraph passed, psych eval cleared, signed a conditional offer of employment after passing the polygraph, and just did my medical exams back on May 7th.

Hopefully I'll hear from my B.I. with the results from the medical exams soon but it seemed that everything was good when I was at the doctor's offices so I'm not too concerned, just anxious for the final word. It feels so close yet so far still especially with the Coronavirus situation. Here's to hopefully starting a modified version of Academy soon

• My wife is in talks w a company that would have her relo from Chicago to Seattle. I would be looking at a lateral from CPD to SPD. Any input?

Comment

• Decided
                              Decided commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I would look up other posts and threads to get a general idea of if it's for you. Michael is very vocal about his dislike of SPD but you'll find others here that are more positive.

I'm currently going through the hiring process and I went on a ride-along and I liked it; the officer I rode along with confirmed most of my suspicions about SPD. It's a very liberal city to work in, but it pays well and has good benefits. It also seems much better than my current agency.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7369 users online. 450 members and 6919 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X