300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Henyo View Post

Can someone PM me what to expect at Pre-BLEA? It would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance
    It's your last chance to get out while you can

Comment

• Here is my timeline of events.

I am currently ranked at 21/168 for my testing period on Jan 11th.

January 11th: I took the written and scored 95%
      January 18th: I took the physical and passed.
      January 25th: I had my oral boards and passed.

Now I am currently awaiting a call from my BI, I now get to play the waiting game. Out of curiosity with my rank being what it is, should I expect to hear from a BI sooner or later?

Comment

• BelieveTheHype
        BelieveTheHype commented
        Editing a comment
        Wish there was a clear answer for this, but there is not man. I am from the October 2019 testing group and I met my BI on December 18th and its been almost 6 weeks and not a word. However the year prior I met my BI and the very next day he emailed me to setup a polygraph for 6 days after that.

You scored high, user SLane also scored high and he said he got a call literally the day after his oral board from his BI. While I scored an 89% and my BI contacted me a month later. With me following up with my background detective a few days ago and him telling me that I was still in the hiring process and I may go awhile without hearing word it sounds like they still have people they are finishing up with from Octobers testing group. The next testing group is not till April so it maybe awhile before you hear anything. But again theres no clear answer for when. Its a long quiet wait...for some of us ha.

Keep us updated, you will always get a phone call not an email when you do get assigned one so make sure your voicemail is active.

• Coming to Seattle to test this week. Is there a place recommended for applicants to stay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenross357 View Post
        Coming to Seattle to test this week. Is there a place recommended for applicants to stay?
        Eastern Washington. Nice location and plenty of places hiring that won't treat you like a pile of crap

Comment

• Update since my last post

Timeline so far:
          October 19th: Written Exam: 89%
          Video Exam: 94%
          Rank 103/206
          October 26th: Physical Fitness: Perfect scores on all 4 events
          November 2nd: Oral Board passed
          December 18th: BI Interview

No word since that meeting, it will be 10 weeks this week, I emailed after 5 weeks of not hearing word and was reminded that this is a long process and I may go awhile without hearing word from anyone and that I am still in the hiring process and to remain patient.
          Last edited by BelieveTheHype; 02-24-2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• 12thMan
            12thMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Heard anything back?

• Mike W, just curious what your thoughts may be re: Officer Chad's opinion about how fun SPD is, about how the scrutiny is great, about how things are being done now better then ever, blah blah...

http://www.seattle.gov/police/police...profile_gulpan
          Chance favors the prepared mind.

-Louis Pasteur

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
            Mike W, just curious what your thoughts may be re: Officer Chad's opinion about how fun SPD is, about how the scrutiny is great, about how things are being done now better then ever, blah blah...

http://www.seattle.gov/police/police...profile_gulpan
            Rather than comment, I will say... Hmm, his external carrier tags are still awfully bright white... *Cough*

Comment

• Great ambassador for the department....

In the case of Officer Chad McLaughlin, supervisors approved his off-duty work even though his personnel file contains multiple reprimands for misconduct in 2000-01, including an incident in which he used his gun barrel to scrape the tongue of a man he thought had swallowed drugs.

Three incidents involving McLaughlin are described in internal investigative reports: During his off time, fellow officers found him intoxicated and lying near a Fremont street at 4:35 a.m., with his badge and gun visible. In another instance, he crashed a Seahawks press conference, where he was intoxicated and repeatedly interrupted Coach Mike Holmgren until he was kicked out by a fellow officer. He also led two officers on a chase one night, wearing a Halloween costume of a toy gun and holster and riding a motorcycle. One of the officers feared McLaughlin was a threat and drew his weapon.

Internal-affairs investigators recommended that McLaughlin be fired in 2001. But Kerlikowske offered McLaughlin a “last-chance agreement” in which the officer was suspended for 30 days and ordered to avoid similar misconduct, attend a treatment program and be tested for alcohol and drugs.

That didn’t stop McLaughlin from working off duty at two Belltown nightclubs in 2003.

McLaughlin, 34, said he doesn’t see a problem with working at clubs, adding that his regular duties also put him near bars. He declined to discuss the matter further.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ice-their-own/
              Chance favors the prepared mind.

-Louis Pasteur

Comment

• Is any overtime pensionable into the LEOFF 2 retirement, or only base pay? If so, is there a cap on the amount of pensionable overtime?
                Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

• Originally posted by Decided View Post
                  Is any overtime pensionable into the LEOFF 2 retirement, or only base pay? If so, is there a cap on the amount of pensionable overtime?
                  Average of your highest 5 years. Overtime, lump sum payments for deferred annual sick leave, unused accumulated vacation, unused annual leave, holiday pay and severance pay are the most common elements included in basic salary.• LEOFF Plan 2 uses salaries or wages and overtime, including salary or wages deferred under 403(b), 414(h) or 457 plans.
                  You miss every shot you don't take.

Comment

• Does anyone remember how many laps it is for 1.5 miles at the academy track? 7.5?
                    Also, if I remember correctly, isn't it open to the public on weekends?

Comment

• 12thMan
                      12thMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Closer to 7.3

• R89
                      R89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      12thMan Thank you for the reply. I remembered it wasn't quite half, but close to it. I know they have the cones set up for start/stop during the PAT's. I just couldn't remember if it was 6 or 7 plus the little extra.

• Here is an update with what has been happening on my end.

I am currently ranked at 21/168 for my testing period on Jan 11th.

January 11th: I took the written and scored 95%
                    January 18th: I took the physical and passed.
                    January 25th: I had my oral boards and passed.
                    March 15th: I have my interview with my background investigator
                    March 23rd: I have my polygraph exam scheduled.

I am also in the running for Mercer Island, I passed my polygraph with them on March 11th, and currently in the background phase.

Comment

• Wonder if they still conduct the April 18th testing. I was scheduled to take the test. Read up on a lot of the criticism of the department here and just want to make the right choice for myself.

Comment

• Well, IF you are offered the job. Nothing wrong with taking it. It's your decision. Your life. Make the right decision or you make the decision right. Take the job for no other reason than to get trained and leave for other pastures.

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                          Well, IF you are offered the job. Nothing wrong with taking it. It's your decision. Your life. Make the right decision or you make the decision right. Take the job for no other reason than to get trained and leave for other pastures.
                          Understood. Thank you for the reply, you're right I can always improve the situation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7509 users online. 415 members and 7094 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X