300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CarRamRod View Post
    Some love Seattle, some hate Seattle. I say do some more research on the agency. Their site is pretty decent. I'm not saying th above poster is wrong, but don't take just one persons opinion.

I'm not SPD but plenty of friends there. Some have tried to get me to lateral and some have said stay away.
    I dont think there is an agency in the country that does not have the two sides of the story when it comes to gripes and wanting to leave. At the end of the day it all comes down to the individual and what they are looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by q_coop View Post
      April

I tested in April. I've been in background phase for about a week now. If all goes well should be less than a couple more weeks to move on to the final step.
      Any updates?

Comment

• Received the call today. I'm good to go. Academy start Oct. 18 pending final medical today and Monday. Also have final PAT to enter academy but no worries there.

Comment

Received the call today. I'm good to go. Academy start Oct. 18 pending final medical today and Monday. Also have final PAT to enter academy but no worries there.

Congratulations! It's getting pretty cramped at the academy, seven classes now and two more starting in the next month. Get there early if you want good parking!

Comment

Received the call today. I'm good to go. Academy start Oct. 18 pending final medical today and Monday. Also have final PAT to enter academy but no worries there.
            Congratulations! Hopefully, I will be right behind you!

Comment

• MattKay Appreciate it guys. And thanks for the parking update.SeatacSTEP hopefully. Are you in background now?

Comment

• how many recruits are in the academy for seattle, any classes graduate in october?

Comment

• Originally posted by va_roadie View Post
                  how many recruits are in the academy for seattle, any classes graduate in october?
                  I think there are around 42 Seattle recruits in the academy now, plus or minus a few. One class graduates Oct 27, and my class on Nov 2.

If I understand correctly you are a lateral? If so, you shouldn't worry too much about the academy. It will be approximately two weeks for equivalency, and you're likely to complete FTO first.

Comment

• just thinking of the fight for shifts and precincts

Comment

just thinking of the fight for shifts and precincts
                      There's no fight. You get put where you get put. Or as one Sgt said like they tell there kid "You get what you get and you dont throw a fit."

Comment

Looks like a recommendation for hire is on the cards. thanks for all the help and advice guys.
                        va_roadie First off, congratulations to you, sir. I did not read this entire thread, only the last 2 pages. I assume you are an out-of-state applicant. I am as well. I flew out there a couple of weeks ago for my 2nd trip...oral board, poly and BI interview. Over the last 2 weeks, they've sent out questionnaires to family and references, and called some work references as well this week.

How long did the BI process take for you after your 2nd trip? How soon did they call you back for your 3rd visit?

Comment

• Originally posted by jbo View Post

va_roadie First off, congratulations to you, sir. I did not read this entire thread, only the last 2 pages. I assume you are an out-of-state applicant. I am as well. I flew out there a couple of weeks ago for my 2nd trip...oral board, poly and BI interview. Over the last 2 weeks, they've sent out questionnaires to family and references, and called some work references as well this week.

How long did the BI process take for you after your 2nd trip? How soon did they call you back for your 3rd visit?
                          my second trip was at the end of june, bi came out to my agency end of august, job offer mid september, start date october tenth. We arrived out here last week and are settling in at the moment, wife kids and dog love it. I am looking forward to a new challenge. believe my fto starts beginning if november. My second trip was for my psych, medical and polygraph, did my oral and background interview last november.

Comment

• Hey guys threads kind of quiet so I thought I'd toss a quick update. Had my final PAT and academy orientation today. Officially done, class 744 first day 18th. Good luck to the rest of you guys/gals.

Comment

Hey guys threads kind of quiet so I thought I'd toss a quick update. Had my final PAT and academy orientation today. Officially done, class 744 first day 18th. Good luck to the rest of you guys/gals.
                              Have fun. And for the love of God, don't fail the first test.

Comment

• Congratulations. I saw your group when we were getting lunch the other day. Let me know if you guys have any questions! We have about three weeks left. It's been fun but ready for a a change!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8611 users online. 453 members and 8158 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X