300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lateral Transfer

I'm considering doing a lateral to WA, specifically Pierce/King county area. I'd be coming from WI with certifications as a Jailer (Correctional Officer) and as a LEO with 3 years experience.

I'd like to know, who's done a lateral and to/from where. What was the process like? How would you rate your experience? What should I look for or plan for that you would recommend. Specifically, things you weren't expecting or that caught you off guard that i should be aware of.

Thanks...
    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

For Pierce County you would still have to go through the same application/background process as the entry-level applicants. The only difference being, as a lateral, you might come in at a higher pay grade.
    If you came in as a CO, you would still have to go through the 4-week academy. But, with your LEO experience, you might be able to only have to attend an equivalency academy (2 weeks?) if you came in as a deputy (the LEO academy is regularly 20 weeks).

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

What about other departments in the area that you may have knowledge of. I am certified as a CO, but really have no intention of transferring for a CO position, I'm required to get and maintain the certification because of my current job.
      Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Seattle Police

Take a look at Seattle PD. The website is seattlepolicejobs.com We are actively recruiting both sworn lateral and entry-level applicants at this time. Depending on your experience as a sworn police officer you would come in at a higher pay step then an entry-level officer. Your training and experience as a sworn police officer would have to be evaluated. The background process is expedited for laterals as well. If you have any questions give our recruiter a call at (206) 615-0762
        Last edited by SPDJOBS; 06-04-2007, 02:15 PM. Reason: mistake
        SEATTLEPOLICEJOBS.COM

HONOR, COURAGE & COMMITMENT

Testing monthly... apply online

Comment

The website for Pierce County is www.piercesheriff.org.
          You can also contact the recruiter, Deputy Patrick dos Remedios at 1-866-926-7277. We also are recruiting both entry-level and lateral for both deputy and corrections.
          There is also a program where, after 3 years in P.C. Corrections, you can transition to deputy without a cut in pay or service.

Comment

Lateral Officers:

Pay for Lateral Officers range between STEP 3 and 6, depending on experience. Overtime and compensatory time is paid at time and ½, with a 3-hour minimum for court and off-duty call-outs.

STEP 3 STEP 4 STEP 5 STEP 6
            (24-41 Mos Experience) (42-53 Mos Experience) (54-65 Mos Experience) (66+ Mos Experience)
            $24.34 $26.28 $27.48 $28.55

There are two more steps after step 6 to get to top step.
            SEATTLEPOLICEJOBS.COM

HONOR, COURAGE & COMMITMENT

Testing monthly... apply online

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4147 users online. 197 members and 3950 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X