300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KCSO or SPD

Looking at moving to the PNW, specifically Seattle Area - Anyone have insights on SPD or KCSO? Looking and pros and cons for both and what work life is like for either organization.

I'll be applying as a lateral entry.
    Last edited by Kenross357; 08-05-2020, 03:55 PM.

Do you even read the news?

Comment

Nope. Even if I did it wouldn't offer specific personal insights on pros or cons for either organizations only outside op-ed sentiments.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenross357 View Post
        Nope. Even if I did it wouldn't offer specific personal insights on pros or cons for either organizations only outside op-ed sentiments.
        You should expand your horizons. PLENTY of our guys and gals are spreading their personal insights on the news.

Comment

Looking at moving to the PNW, specifically Seattle Area - Anyone have insights on SPD or KCSO? Looking and pros and cons for both and what work life is like for either organization.

I'll be applying as a lateral entry.
          I hardly pay attention to the news, not on social media, and yet I’m well aware of what’s gone on in Seattle the last 3 months. Does the acronym CHAZ ring a bell? How about SPD about to be defunded by 50%? I beg you to get out from the rock you’re living under for you and your family’s sake.
          "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by COMoparfan392 View Post

I hardly pay attention to the news, not on social media, and yet I’m well aware of what’s gone on in Seattle the last 3 months. Does the acronym CHAZ ring a bell? How about SPD about to be defunded by 50%? I beg you to get out from the rock you’re living under for you and your family’s sake.
            Yeah - it does as well as CHOP - the vote hasn't happened - none of us are fortune tellers. Unfortunately, I'm in the streets more than under a rock, so no time to sit in front of a screen. Anything insightful to add to your initial post?

Comment

Yeah - it does as well as CHOP - the vote hasn't happened - none of us are fortune tellers. Unfortunately, I'm in the streets more than under a rock, so no time to sit in front of a screen. Anything insightful to add to your initial post?
              I’m sincerely glad that you at least know what you’re getting into if you pursue SPD. Nearly every SPD Officer I have talked to and worked with said they didn’t like the agency and as soon as they met the lateral hiring requirements or were ready to they were jumping ship to better agencies.

Those who said they were staying were either close to retirement or put up with all the bs because their OT rate was worth it to them. Keep in mind this was almost two years ago, well before all this nonsense happened. I can’t imagine was morale is like now, probably non-existent. Go back and read past posts about SPD or ask Michael above why he’s leaving...
              If you’re dead set on the two, I’d personally go with KCSO, overall a better agency and much higher morale when I last spoke to deputies there. Can’t imagine they’re doing any better than SPD at the moment though.
              Last edited by COMoparfan392; 08-05-2020, 10:58 PM.
              "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

No offense but you have to be a special kind of naive and stupid to be wanting to work for SPD or KCSO given their current political climate! Best of luck. Make sure to have that personal liability insurance at 1 Mil.

Comment

I just heard from some good friends that we're getting lateral applications down here in Southern California from SPD and KCSO. People would rather move to a commie state than stay with those departments. Just saying. But hey, you do you. There are plenty of departments in the PNW that do not hate their officers.

Comment

We won't have to save him from himself, SPD won't be hiring anyone new for a long, long time to come

Comment

• Ratatatat
                      Ratatatat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You pull the plug yet? How'd that go...?

• MichaelW1982
                      MichaelW1982 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's going ... For political reasons and to aid some friends trying to lateral I'm still here at the moment. There's some interesting stuff going on if they try and lay off just the white cops so giving it a little time and seeing where this leads. When you don't plan on staying long term either way you get some freedom that might help in times like these

• scotty_appleton814
                      scotty_appleton814 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If a white cop gets laid off because he is white. I'll donate to his lawyer fund. I'd hope they sue the britches off Seattle and get paid a lot of money

City Council pushing 100 layoffs, at least. Probably just a start before they get onto the 50% cut business.

I work with and know many people from SPD. The morale is low and they are leaving in droves. If I had to pick either agency, it'd be KCSO by far. But I'd probably take Bellevue or Kirkland PD at this point, the leadership and community support their officers. Look at Pierce County and SnoCo also. Avoid Everett PD, have seen some issues with their HR practices and how they take care of officers injured on the job.

Comment

Dear God what a post. Simply amazing.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                        Winter_Patriot commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wish it was all a joke. Between 100 layoffs/terminations and the people who are voluntarily resigning, I don't know how SPD is going to function.

I can't get out of here soon enough.

• SHU
                        SHU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not that. The department and its staff are obviously screwed. I feel for you all. But what I'm saying is its amazing in light of all of this, somone is actually considering employment there.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2792 users online. 149 members and 2643 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X