X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew it was coming...

https://komonews.com/news/local/new-...jail-in-phases

https://patch.com/washington/seattle...detention-2025

We received the email today. Talks of 300+ of us laid off. Guess it time to start looking for a different career field.

Yup it sucks

Comment

i wonder if anywhere in this state it is safe for a LE career?! Probably not. I wish i could get the wife to agree to move out of state. She's so tight with here family.

Comment

Originally posted by TedMosby View Post
        i wonder if anywhere in this state it is safe for a LE career?! Probably not. I wish i could get the wife to agree to move out of state. She's so tight with here family.
        People who aren’t considering moving out of the Seattle area either aren’t paying attention to what’s going on or the mob hasn’t reached their doorstep yet.
        "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Whew! I Almost made that move!

Comment

• TedMosby
            TedMosby commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup! Time for me to go

Yep. I am calling it a day to. Even though we are avoiding layoffs in Seattle for now (kinda maybe almost a little...) I decided last night as command told us to let rioters do there thing and not to confront them that I dont want anymore of this. Not here, not in a small town, not anywhere. I am done. Putting in my two weeks when I go back in and never looking back. This state deserves what it gets. I am going back to construction. Best of luck to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by COMoparfan392 View Post

People who aren’t considering moving out of the Seattle area either aren’t paying attention to what’s going on or the mob hasn’t reached their doorstep yet.
            Yup.

We're planning our escape from Portland right now...

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW1982 View Post
              Yep. I am calling it a day to. Even though we are avoiding layoffs in Seattle for now (kinda maybe almost a little...) I decided last night as command told us to let rioters do there thing and not to confront them that I dont want anymore of this. Not here, not in a small town, not anywhere. I am done. Putting in my two weeks when I go back in and never looking back. This state deserves what it gets. I am going back to construction. Best of luck to you all.
              Yeah God Speed Brother! My past experience before jumping into LE was Fire & EMS. I'm currently waiting for my Chief's OB for SFD. We shall see where this goes. I was going to make the jump to patrol but it's no longer worth the risk to my wife and kids. Even the jail is all about "hug a thug". Give the inmates whatever they want! I can't get down with that way of running a jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

Yup.

Portland is f*cking insane! Everyone hates Trump so much that they'll do whatever it takes to oppose him at every step strictly out of spite! When did we become such a P*****fied nation? Offended over words. I hope you're able to retire now or at least move to a state/city/county that appreciates LE! God Bless America! Watch Your Six!

Comment

Originally posted by TedMosby View Post

Portland is f*cking insane! Everyone hates Trump so much that they'll do whatever it takes to oppose him at every step strictly out of spite! When did we become such a P*****fied nation? Offended over words. I hope you're able to retire now or at least move to a state/city/county that appreciates LE! God Bless America! Watch Your Six!
                  I am retired. We're working to get out of Portland by winter.

In the mean time, I've been recruited to work armed plainclothes Protective Service Details, protecting television news crews covering the riots from the inside.

It is f*cking insane.

These are not "protesters"- they are coming prepared to violently attack the police. They come every night dressed in black from head to toe, with riot armor, helmets, face shields, and masks ranging from balaclavas to gas masks. They bring backpacks full of weapons- guns, knives, baseball bats, improvised spears and clubs, bear spray, stun guns, you name it. They fire big steel ball bearings and glass marbles from wrist rockets at officer's faces. They fire high-powered lasers at officer's eyes to try to blind them. They throw improvised explosive devices at officers. They throw frozen water bottles at officer's heads. They carry breaching tools to breach the fences.

And then they want to play the role of "victim".
                  Last edited by Aidokea; 07-23-2020, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Insurrection. Should be dealt with hard.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Aidokea
                      Aidokea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If they had done a mass arrest the first night, there wouldn't have been riots on the second night. Wheeler is enabling these thugs, by legitimizing their violent criminal behavior.

I am retired. We're working to get out of Portland by winter.

In the mean time, I've been recruited to work armed plainclothes Protective Service Details, protecting television news crews covering the riots from the inside.

It is f*cking insane.

These are not "protesters"- they are coming prepared to violently attack the police. They come every night dressed in black from head to toe, with riot armor, helmets, face shields, and masks ranging from balaclavas to gas masks. They bring backpacks full of weapons- guns, knives, baseball bats, improvised spears and clubs, bear spray, stun guns, you name it. They fire big steel ball bearings and glass marbles from wrist rockets at officer's faces. They fire high-powered lasers at officer's eyes to try to blind them. They throw improvised explosive devices at officers. They throw frozen water bottles at officer's heads. They carry breaching tools to breach the fences.

And then they want to play the role of "victim".
                    Is your company hiring?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW1982 View Post

Is your company hiring?
                      Yup. And they have assignments in Seattle too.

But it is f*cking dangerous- if you get made, the police are probably not going to be able to rescue you by the time you get circled and attacked.

I have the producer take a picture of me with the news crew and text it to officers working the riots to disseminate amongst themselves- they can kind if keep an eye on us, and at the very least, we seem to take less fire from less lethal munitions. We were at the fence a few weeks ago, when some s#itbird right next to us started breaching the fence, which drew pepperball fire. I grabbed the reporter and cameraman by their collars and shoved them behind a tree until the firing stopped, and then I marched them out to a safer location by their collars, using my vest to shield them. Another news crew (for a competing television station), getting scared as things were ramping up, then attached themselves to us, for their safety.

I think that guy in the news that snatched the two stolen Seattle PD AR-15s from rioters, works for us, doing what I do:

https://youtu.be/aVAMUejexa0
                      Last edited by Aidokea; 07-24-2020, 07:32 AM.

Comment

This is what the liberal mainstream news media edits out of their "protest" coverage:

https://youtu.be/fqqGGqLlrw4

Be safe out there, brothers...

Comment

Yup.

I've got an entry-level deputy app in with Multnomah County Sheriff right now. Should I be running away? I'm in the Seattle area now, working as a prosecutor. What's happening in the city is unreal, and I don't blame SPD and KCSO for applying to other cities/counties/states.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3176 users online. 196 members and 2980 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X