300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thurston County Sheriff

Does anyone know how many miles outside the county TCSO allows take home cars? Also what’s the agency like, I currently work for a federal agency but I’m thinking of making the jump to local (and going through another academy)
    Last edited by badger54; 05-03-2020, 01:21 AM.

I was a public defender for a little while in Thurston County. I thought the deputies were decent people and reasonably well trained overall. There's a bit of a quality spread probably in any agency, and I noticed it with Thurston County deputies. Can't tell you much about the agency from an internal perspective though, just from the outside looking in, as someone who was trying to find errors and gaps in their reports/arrests/investigations.

Can tell you that the county prosecutor is generally pretty supportive of law enforcement there. Sometimes to a fault. I've had some cases where deputies/officers clearly made big errors, but the DA wouldn't acknowledge them at all (I'm a prosecutor now so I know the difference between bad/good searches). I'd much rather be in Thurston County than in most of the other western Washington counties.
    Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 08-27-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

If you are already covered under the Federal LEO retirement I would recommend trying to go for a 18 series LE position. Something like ATF, DEA, ICE, etc. and get out of WA. I left about 8 years ago. You won't miss the rain, trust me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3819 users online. 263 members and 3556 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X