Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOC facilities

So I'm considering throwing another iron in the fire. But first:

For all of you WADOC folks out there, what are the good/bad facilities to work for?

Don't have any direct experience in DOC, but I can tell you the main prison in Shelton is by far the worst, according to about everybody. Mandatory double-shifts and very low morale are the top complaints, as well as prisoner conditions that are ripe for a riot. Whidbey Island and the WCC are better, I've heard (have a friend in the nursing system that did on-call through the area prisons).

Comment

I worked for DOC in the early 90's what a S*&t holeI was at the WSS and only partime and was never treated so badly as I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by maridaudran View Post
        Don't have any direct experience in DOC, but I can tell you the main prison in Shelton is by far the worst, according to about everybody. Mandatory double-shifts and very low morale are the top complaints, as well as prisoner conditions that are ripe for a riot. Whidbey Island and the WCC are better, I've heard (have a friend in the nursing system that did on-call through the area prisons).
        McNeil Island, not Whidbey, Washington Corrections Center (WCC) is Shelton. I'm in Walla Walla and it's okay. It's old and run down, but the training is good. We have a new expansion opening soon. Starting in July, you'll get paid more for working at Walla Walla, Coyote Ridge, and Monroe. There might be somewhere else on the list, but thats all I remember.

Comment

Worked for DOC for a little bit. If you have any experience in law enforcement at all, it will be a complete paradigm shift for you. It was good experience, but I got out quick.
          Discombobulatory Accountable Volunteerism.

Comment

Hey ThursCo, if you do keep us posted. As soon as I am out of the military in Oct I am planning on going DOC, then moving into LE after a year or two...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6258 users online. 343 members and 5915 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X