300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take-Home Cars

I know Tacoma Police Department and Pierce County Sheriff have a take-home car system, but what about other Western Washington agencies? Anyone know if Lakewood Police Department does a take-home car system?

Thanks!
    "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" -Psalm 27:1
    Commissioned Police Officer
    RLTW

I don't know about Lakewood but King County Sheriff's have take home cars.

Comment

You could always call the department and ask a recruiter.

Comment

Kitsap County Sheriffs Office, Port Orchard Police Department, and Poulsbo Police Department all have take home cars

Comment

Thanks for all the great info so far!
          "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" -Psalm 27:1
          RLTW

Comment

Lakewood PD, Tumwater PD, almost all of the county agencies, WSP, Tacoma PD (limited) have the take-home cars. I heard Lacey PD is trying to get them, but it's a $1 million startup for them, so it's a tough sell to the city council.

Comment

Lakewood Police have take home cars, as well as Kent Police, Puyallup Police, and the Pierce County Sheriff's Department.
              "Screw that. We can make bullets faster than they can make terrorists. Kill them all. Every last one." -Interceptor

Comment

Also, most agencies have a limit on where "take-home" is. WSP is 15 miles out of your APA, so if you work in Pierce county, you can feasibly live in Lacey. Lakewood is 35 miles, and Pierce County is basically only county residents have take-home cars; anyone living out of the county, even by an inch, are assigned pool cars (at least that's what the recruiter said, a corrections off who was at a job fair). If that's the case, it's a huge disadvantage for us who live in Thurston Co but want to work for PCSO.

Also, I don't think Tacoma PD has a limit on their take-home cars, or at least didn't at one point. Not sure now, since I haven't really had any interest.

Comment

I thought when I read Tacoma's report on their cars a few years ago that they had a limit of 15 miles from city limits.
                  "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

Wow, thanks! I got all the information I was looking for. Once again, thanks!
                    RLTW

Comment

Oregon Mike - You may be right; I know they got blasted just after 9/11 for wasting funds on take-home cars that were going home all the way to Mason and Lewis county. Now, I don't know, but I think they have two-person units, which complicates the whole take-home car process anyway.

Comment

Just a quick correction--the Kent Police only provide take-home cars for certain speciality units, such as SWAT, SRO, and some detectives.

Sorry for the mis-information.
                        "Screw that. We can make bullets faster than they can make terrorists. Kill them all. Every last one." -Interceptor

Comment

No problem, I got plenty of great info.
                          RLTW

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5770 users online. 355 members and 5415 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X