Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auburn PD

Good evening,

I recently passed Auburn PD's Oral Board. Does anyone have any insight into the department? Also, I am number 20 on the list, is it possible to make it to Backgrounds before the list expires?

Thanks
    DL

I looked at them for awhile but they have had a rough go at it... Lots of morale issued and something like 20 officers left this year. There Chief just got fired this week too. Might be what they need.

Comment

Originally posted by SeatacSTEP View Post
      Good evening,

I recently passed Auburn PD's Oral Board. Does anyone have any insight into the department? Also, I am number 20 on the list, is it possible to make it to Backgrounds before the list expires?

Thanks
      DL

Reach out to forum member RaspiestShrimp. Last i heard he is with APD. Newly hired and graduated BLEA i believe around May 2019.

GOOD LUCK !

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen! I will reach out to Raspiestshrimp.

Comment

Hey, guys. Thanks for dropping Seatac a line. The information posted by Michael is - almost entirely - incorrect. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me here.

Comment

Originally posted by RaspiestShrimp View Post
            Hey, guys. Thanks for dropping Seatac a line. The information posted by Michael is - almost entirely - incorrect. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me here.
            Which part? I asked Human Resources earlier in the year and at that point they said 12 had left and I know more went since then. And it's in their own paper the Chief got fired. Would love any info on how that may not be correct since both parts come from the city itself

Comment

So....................................... (as I pop some popcorn)............

Comment

Another Seattle area agency having morale issues???

image_17195.gif
                Last edited by COMoparfan392; 12-02-2019, 02:45 PM.
                "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW1982 View Post

Which part? I asked Human Resources earlier in the year and at that point they said 12 had left and I know more went since then. And it's in their own paper the Chief got fired. Would love any info on how that may not be correct since both parts come from the city itself
                  Since I started (well before 'earlier in the year') four officers have left; not including the chief - who retired by choice.

Comment

Since I started (well before 'earlier in the year') four officers have left; not including the chief - who retired by choice.
                    The city itself would disagree with you (and there's a dude on this forum who said he was number eight that had left and that was months ago)

And the Chief did not retire by choice. Come on dude... Even the city isn't trying to spin that tune. I get that you may have liked him, heck, I like O'Toole, but call a spade a spade.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW1982 View Post

The city itself would disagree with you (and there's a dude on this forum who said he was number eight that had left and that was months ago)

And the Chief did not retire by choice. Come on dude... Even the city isn't trying to spin that tune. I get that you may have liked him, heck, I like O'Toole, but call a spade a spade.
                      It sounds like you have all the answers, man. Good luck in your future endeavors and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

It sounds like you have all the answers, man. Good luck in your future endeavors and let me know if you have any additional questions.
                        I get that you have the new-guy-motivation is all. Every new guy thinks the dept that hired them is the best. Its cool. I thought that about Seattle for awhile. I just dont think we do people solids in this profession by not providing the truth. Lots of dudes have left your place and your Chief got fired. No big deal. Just be upfront so people considering lateraling have all the right info. Sounds like your dept is on the right track, but no reason not to be honest about what happened. Just looks silly to refute info that the city itself is giving people since... with all due to respect to you as a new hire... they probably know better than you do. Best of luck to you as well!

Comment

For what it's worth (which isn't much), I left a few months ago and we/they were close to double-digits for the year at that point. Since then, a few more people I worked with there also left for other agencies. The total is probably around a dozen. But neither that nor the Chief being let go should be seen as an indictment of the agency. Lots and lots and lots of great people there, and lots and lots and lots of great work to do there. The hiring process moves fast, too, so if they want you, it will move along quickly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12251 users online. 448 members and 11803 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X