Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oral boards advice for several departments.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral boards advice for several departments.

I have several oral boards the one coming up is for Vancouver PD , im told there is a video scenario before the oral board any guesses on what I might run in to?

Can't speak specifically for that department, but I have done the video scenarios before. Usually, you'll watch about a twenty second scenario that you might encounter on the job, usually something intense. A person in the video will say a few sentences, then the picture will freeze. You'll then answer what you'd say if you encountered this scenario.

Example: Video shows you pull over a car. You go up to the window and the person starts getting angry: "Officer, I didn't do ANYTHING wrong! You only pulled me over because of my race! I demand to see your supervisor! No, I won't give you my license because I didn't do anything!" You then answer each of those sentences at the end of the video as though you were answering them in real life.

It feels awkward, but just use common sense.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Comment

Okay that makes sense , ive also heard in these forums during oral boars not to say the phrases - I believe , I think , I feel . Is that a correct statement? , I have been through one oral board and didnt pass obviously, I have another east side sheriffs department after VPD .

Comment

Use the terms “I will, “I am”. Know something about agency that you are testing for, the chief, mayor, how big an agency, units in the agency, mission statement. Do your homework,
        if it means talking to an officer, get used to it.
        I don't check to see if the glass is half full, I make sure its not dirty.

Comment

Ya I have some homework to do for sure , my hurdles will be credit and backround ( speeding ticket ) but I believe in myself and know why I want the job .

Comment

A single speeding ticket should not be a deal breaker, unless you have a bunch in your history, Credit can be overcome if you have paid off or have at least made verifiable arrangements to pay it off outstanding debt. Its not a guarantee, but its easily justifiable to overcome the issue. Every agency is different and up front discussions with the background person will give you a better understanding. Even if you cold call them before you apply to see how it will work will be helpful.

Good luck
            I don't check to see if the glass is half full, I make sure its not dirty.

Comment

I would suggest reading up on Tennessee vs garner and terry vs Ohio. If you have a decent grasp on both of those then it makes it a lot easier to intelligently answer questions.

Comment

Interesting , I will look into those .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5066 users online. 206 members and 4860 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X