Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWPD will soon be posting for 3 Jail Transport and a Coordinator/Trans position

Federal Way Police Department will be hiring one Jail coordinator/Transport officer and three transport only officers to service the upcoming corrections needs of the department.

The positions will open on 08/30/19 and close 09/13/19. The written test will be held on 9/23 (both) and Oral boards 10/1 (Coord), 10/3 (Transport)

This post is to provide possible applicants a chance to plan for the opening and make themselves available for the testing.

Pay
    Coordinator/transport $63,108-$79,752 ($30.34+ based on experience)
    Transport only $60,108-$79,752 ($28.89+ based on experience)

These are all uniformed armed positions, with a limited commission. A complete job description will be posted on 08/30/19 at the City's HR website

Please do not call before that date, as nothing will be released until official posting.

Applicants may need to attend the WACJTC correction academy, unless already certified. More info will be in the posting.

Good Luck
    Last edited by C Tucker; 07-30-2019, 07:13 PM.
    I don't check to see if the glass is half full, I make sure its not dirty.

Just wanted to ask a couple questions. Some might have some obvious answers. Will the transport vehicle be marked ? How will the actual uniform look ? Do the officers wear ballistic vest with corrections markings on them. In the event of escaped prisoners are these officer granted arrest authority over them and only them for recapture ? If the corrections certification isn’t required than what trainings are given ?

Comment

This program is evolving:

the new vans haven’t come in yet. Markings have not been decided, but marked police cars will also be used.

Tan shirt, black pants. Jumpsuit is avail, along with outer vest option. Complete markings have not been decided.

the officers will also have the opportunity to deal with parking issues on down days,

their limited commission is specifically required to allow to recapture.

CJTC is still determining what the requirement for this program would need to be. Entry level will probably be sent to the correctional academy for basic. Previous correction officers or cops that apply shouldn’t need to. They will also be doing extensive firearms training.

with all my answers, see the first line above. The money is very good and we are looking for people that are capable of adjusting with a startup program. Officer safety is number one, but much is being written as we go until an Effective routine can be created. Hope that helps.

Comment

I appreciate you answering questions but I just have one more as I can’t seem to wrap my head around it. What will the scheduling and hours look like for only three transport officers ? I would assume you would need one 24/7 so I’m not sure how that would work with only three.

Comment

The coverage is tentatively being scheduled to only cover hours of court and for time to transport back to facilities. It is not a 24/7 program.

Comment

Greetings Officer C. Tucker,
            I realize this is very early in the planning stages and there is a lot to be worked out however I was curious if this would have a program similar to Kent’s Corrections to PD plan? (edited)
            Thank you in advance for your insight!
            Last edited by DBB; 08-08-2019, 01:05 AM.

Comment

It has been discussed, but as you mentioned, we are trying to get it started and then we can look at the options. That is not to say that anyone that does that job well, should have a "known product" advantage in the process if they were to apply to be a police officer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4891 users online. 193 members and 4698 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X