Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psyc Eval Tomorrow

any tips? I've heard all you need to do is relax and just chat with the guy

Do you know if it is with Public Safety? If it is, then it is no problem at all. Just relax. What department is this for?

Comment

Just relax and answer honestly.

Comment

Yeah, well since this guy has already done his interview I am going to post my reply for the benefit of anyone else that may be facing a psych evaluation. I took one a couple of weeks back for an agency in SW Washington and was labeled "High Risk", whatever that means, and subsequently removed from the eligibility list. I relaxed and chatted with old boy, but he seemed a little too concerned with a couple of military discipline issues from over 17 years ago. I had an honorable discharge, and have grown up considerably since these incidents, but that apparently made no difference in his assesment. I know the first thing that crazy people will tell you is that they are sane, so take it from the people who know me and could not believe that I was failed based on the results of this kind of subjective quackery that I am a sane person. My advice to anyone facing a psych eval is to only reveal what is absolutely necesary. My military record was wiped of all disciplinary actions taken, by the C.O. of the unit. All of my evals were 4.0 the last couple of years of my enlistment. I didn't have to disclose the fact that I was ever disciplined, but I did in an effort to be fully cooperative and believeing that I would be evaluated fairly as such. Big mistake on my part.

I am currently in the appeals process with the civil service commision, but truthfully I do not have much faith that the findings will be overturned. My gut tells me that once the brand of "psychological unfitness" has been stamped on your forehead that it will probably take an act of God Himself to remove it. If this is the case, I guess that I will simply have to play my cards a little closer to my chest next time. Best of luck to those undergoing the process.
        Last edited by jumanji; 05-23-2007, 01:34 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3821 users online. 235 members and 3586 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X