Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA laws regarding self defense - deadly use of force

Hello,

I am looking to purchase my first hand gun soon. But before i do so, i would like to know the laws regarding self defense when conceal carrying. Last thing i want to do is have a firearm, use it as what i perceived as self defense at the time and be on trial for murder or attempted murder. I see it happening a lot across the country and i don't want to be that person. I know having a gun comes great responsibility and i just want to make sure i know the laws before i fully commit.

Can someone point me in the right direction for gun laws that pertain to self defense, if any? Thank you!

google "self defense training for concealed carry in Washington State"

I find that with most questions I have, I go to google first... do some research..

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
      google "self defense training for concealed carry in Washington State"

I find that with most questions I have, I go to google first... do some research..
      Yes, I have done the research and i have not found what i'm looking for sir/ma'am. The companies i talked to go over gun safety, storage, proper shooting techniques. Thanks!
      Last edited by TedMosby; 12-05-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

9A.16.010 Definitions.
        9A.16.020 Use of force—When lawful.
        9A.16.050 Homicide—By other person—When justifiable.
        9A.16.110 Defending against violent crime—Reimbursement.

You can research Washington court cases involving self defense at the Washington State Judicial Opinions Website .

Comment

• TedMosby
          TedMosby commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

There’s a guy the works out of cabelas that teaches a great class on use of force and conceal carry, not a shooting class, just theory.
        I don't check to see if the glass is half full, I make sure its not dirty.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4055 users online. 255 members and 3800 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X