300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Along

Does any no if any Departments still do ride alongs like Pierce County or in the area?

I can't speak for Pierce County, but (to my knowledge) most departments offer ride-alongs to individuals in the hiring process / scored high enough on their oral boards. I was just on a ride-along last Monday with Auburn.

Comment

I believe Staters do and you don't have to be in the hiring process. Most local PDs will allow a second rider but it may be limited on when you can get the ride scheduled and done. Some depts put off riders when the dept is currently hiring because they give applicants priority to ride alongs. I would say call the dept's you are interested in and see what info you can get!

Comment

Dupont PD does. Lakewood, Pierce, Tacoma all say you have to be in the process unless you know someone.

Comment

Originally posted by RaspiestShrimp View Post
          I can't speak for Pierce County, but (to my knowledge) most departments offer ride-alongs to individuals in the hiring process / scored high enough on their oral boards. I was just on a ride-along last Monday with Auburn.
          What did you think of Auburn? Heard good things, so looking at them.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW1982 View Post

What did you think of Auburn? Heard good things, so looking at them.
            I was blown away by how tight-knit the department was. The officers are incredibly professional, and they are very confident in their chain of command having their backs. Truthfully, I put APD on my list as a "just in case" option and they are now near the top of my list of most favorable agencies.

APD is large enough that they have funding and capabilities / training to handle real policework, but small enough that most of the people I came across were on a first-name basis with one another. My experience was unique in that I was able to pull two shifts during my ride-along; and spent the day with four separate officers.
            Last edited by RaspiestShrimp; 10-22-2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaspiestShrimp View Post

I was blown away by how tight-knit the department was. The officers are incredibly professional, and they are very confident in their chain of command having their backs. Truthfully, I put APD on my list as a "just in case" option and they are now near the top of my list of most favorable agencies.

APD is large enough that they have funding and capabilities / training to handle real policework, but small enough that most of the people I came across were on a first-name basis with one another. My experience was unique in that I was able to pull two shifts during my ride-along; and spent the day with four separate officers.
              Two shifts in one day?? Longest ride along in history! LOL

Comment

• RaspiestShrimp
                RaspiestShrimp commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, that's what we joked about while was going down! I was there for a little more than seventeen hours, I think. ha. It was a really great experience, though. I hung out with some of the old heads and also went to a couple calls with one of their newer guys. The culture there is what I'm looking for, I think!

King County does not do a lot of Ride Alongs either. After contacting Bothell, Renton, Kent, Bellevue, Tacoma, only 1 department did ride along to the public. The other departments said they did not offer them or you needed to know someone in the department specifically. Bellevue ride along was good though, very slow night but it gave me a chance to ask the officer a ton of questions and get to see what life was like over there. Bothell's website said they do ride along and that you needed to fill out a form, I filled one out and emailed it back, and called a left a voicemail and no one ever contacted me back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3056 users online. 180 members and 2876 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X