Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long should I expect to wait after Public Safety Testing?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should I expect to wait after Public Safety Testing?

I passed Public Safety Testing the 27th of last month with an 81%. How long should I expect to wait for some kind of contact? I'm assuming people are contacted based on high scores? Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by calumthestrong View Post
    I passed Public Safety Testing the 27th of last month with an 81%. How long should I expect to wait for some kind of contact? I'm assuming people are contacted based on high scores? Thanks in advance!
    81 "SHOULD" be good for most departments for at least an initial oral board. How soon they reach out depends on their hiring needs. I always suggest to ppl, they call the depts they are wanting to apply to BEFORE they take the PST test and find out if 1. are actively hiring?, Are they looking for entry or lateral mostly? 2. when are the next two initial oral board scheduled? 3. How often do they pull/look at test scores from PST? 4. When will they be hiring next? Asking those questions to depts allows you to see how fast things may go and who not to waste your time with. Why shot gun your test scores to depts and they aren't actively hiring for another few months down the road. That's money down the drain and could have been saved!

Comment

Originally posted by calumthestrong View Post
      for best results, score at least an 85 or higher next time you take the test

Comment

Contact HR. Find out:
        1. What your position number is on the hiring list.
        2. How long the list is good for.
        3. How many people they expect to hire from the list while it is valid.

Take a minute or two to do some math and your question should be answered.

If you are number 50 on the list and they intend to hire 100 people over the two year life of the list, they will probably get to you in about a year. OTOH, if you are #175, the list will probably expire before you are ever reachable and you will probably never hear from them again.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

For what it's worth, I tested two weekends ago in Burien and scored pretty well. I have polygraphs and oral boards scheduled for each department I applied to. I tested on a Saturday and was contacted immediately the following monday.

Comment

What did you guys study with, in order to get the highest score you could?

Comment

• RaspiestShrimp
              RaspiestShrimp commented
              Editing a comment
              Take this with a grain of salt, but I'm not really optimistic about being able to "study" for this kind of test. 2/3 of the test was basic personality traits. The final (longest) individual section was basically a measurement of common sense.

• L-1
              L-1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Most tests measure your ability to perform the duties of the job. Either you have the ability or you don't. In that respect, there's not a lot to study for.

• Sincity
              Sincity commented
              Editing a comment
              I would have to agree with the members below. I have not taken the PST LE written but i have with NTN and it's not something you can "study" for. L-1 & Raspiestshrimp are correct, you have the ability to perform the duties or you don't and you can't really study for these tests because there isn't really anything to study. If i remember correctly my NTN had no math i believe and if it did then i definitely didn't do a lot of it because i don't remember LOL You'll have to take the test a few times to understand what the test is testing you on. BUT like i said in the beginning of the thread, you'll need AT LEAST an 85 to be called back for oral boards.

• C Tucker
              C Tucker commented
              Editing a comment
              NTN and PST are two very different tests.

they do have a practice test that you can take, if you are a person that gets nervous at tests, its worth getting the practice test to "take it for a spin" before actual test day. Just make sure you read each question carefully, especially if asks several questions from a short passage.
            I don't check to see if the glass is half full, I make sure its not dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by RaspiestShrimp View Post
              For what it's worth, I tested two weekends ago in Burien and scored pretty well. I have polygraphs and oral boards scheduled for each department I applied to. I tested on a Saturday and was contacted immediately the following monday.
              who are you in the hiring process with?

Comment

• RaspiestShrimp
                RaspiestShrimp commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey, man. I'm in the process with Everett, King Co., Auburn and WSP.

I am glad to see that most departments I plan on applying to are hiring rather quickly! Good luck guys!

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I never noticed I had any until today! I actually had my first oral board last week. Passed it, and I'm 14th on their list.. haha. I've only heard back from one other agency I applied to. But I'm getting used to waiting by this point. Lol.

Comment

• Sincity
                  Sincity commented
                  Editing a comment
                  who did you OB with & what other agency contacted you?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2842 users online. 155 members and 2687 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X