300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Firearm Laws?

I’m hoping some of you WA L.E.O.’s can help me out here…

I recently inherited some property (vacant land) in the state of Washington. I am not too familiar with your firearm laws out there. I am going to be taking a trip to camp & check out the land. My question is in proper/legal transportation of my firearms while I am out there. I am not a L.E.O.…yet. I want to bring my hand gun and shotgun out for the trip.

I know I can check them with the airline I am flying, or ship to a local dealer with an FFL license. My question is about transportation to and from my property, from either the airport or FFL dealer. What are the laws out there? Is it legal for me to have my hand gun and/or shotgun on my own private property? Here in IL, I can travel with them as long as they are in the trunk and un-loaded.

Thanks in advance for any helpful info!

ps- Can anyone recommend a dealer with an FFL license in the Port Townsend area?

Congrats on your inheritance

...edited...
    Last edited by christuan; 05-29-2007, 02:22 AM.

Comment

It seems like you have to have a concealed carry license to even transport in your vehicle. Is it possible to acquire one being an out of state resident? Otherwise, how do I get my weapons from the airport/dealer to my property?

The above website is helpful…but full of legal jargon. Can anyone lay it out plain and simple for me?

Thanks!

Comment

No CCW/CPL is OK...

...edited...
        Last edited by christuan; 05-29-2007, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks...Here in IL you have to have a FOID card to be in possession of a firearm...

Comment

I'd get legal verification before you travel...

...edited...
            Last edited by christuan; 05-29-2007, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Here are the basics..all legal mumbo jumbo aside..

The shotgun is fine in the vehicle as long as it is not loaded. You can carry it in a gun rack, lay it on the seat, or throw it on the floor..makes no difference.

The handgun is also fine, but cannot be concealed in the vehicle if you are in the vehicle with it. It must be unloaded unless you have a concealed weapon permit adn the ammo must be stored seperately. State f residency makes no difference. You could be from Florida or New York, as long as you can legally own the gun, you can transport it in the proper manner. for a list of permits that are accepted by the state of Washingotn (yes, there are a few out of state CCW that are acknowledged by the state of Washngton) visit www.packing.org ..they have a very comprehensive list of state by state firearm laws.

be safe
              amateurs practice till they get it right...professionals practice until we cant get it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRuckuss
                I’m hoping some of you WA L.E.O.’s can help me out here…

ps- Can anyone recommend a dealer with an FFL license in the Port Townsend area?

I have an FFL and I am in Sequim area PM me with your needs
                Ears open, Mouth shut, Eyes open, Mouth shut. Its all in the details

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2159 users online. 149 members and 2010 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X