300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish and Wildlife Hiring?

Anyone know when they'll open it up again for hiring?

Also, I'm out of state and not had any experience with F&W. Any of you worked with them? Are they a decent agency? Good equip/morale/training? Take-homes? I really enjoy LE work, but also love the outdoors, so I'm looking at some Nat Resources agencies.

Thanks for any/all feedback....
    Brandon
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
    -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    -- Hemingway

man i have no idea about any of that but if i come across anyone in the Field i will ask about that.

Comment

Thanks, Kal.

Got the degree, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'll check to see if they are open now. Glad to hear they got take-homes. That is one perk I'm looking for....
      He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
      -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
      -- Hemingway

Comment

Ok, just found it on their website; May 1 to June 30. Plenty of time for me to fill out the huge packet.....
        -- Nietzsche

-- Hemingway

Comment

Ruger, can you post the link to where you saw the advertisement. I can't find the posting anywhere, and it's not on the usajobs yet. Thanks!

Comment

Here ya go....

Originally posted by Danger Ranger
            Ruger, can you post the link to where you saw the advertisement. I can't find the posting anywhere, and it's not on the usajobs yet. Thanks!
            The reason you can't find it on usajobs.gov is that it is a state position, not one with the Feds. Here is the link for the recruiting page with Washington State Fish and Wildlife Law Enforcement division: http://wdfw.wa.gov/enf/application.htm

I'm in the process for some Fed positions, but thought I'd spread the net wider applying for some state jobs, also. Never hurts, you know....
            -- Nietzsche

-- Hemingway

Comment

aaah, sorry thought you were referring to the US fish and wildlife! Not sure if you're interested or not, but Texas is also hiring, conservation officers.

Comment

10-4 Thanks,
                I'll look into it.

It is funny that the WA F&W application is more detailed and the process more difficult than the Fed positions I'm applying for....
                -- Nietzsche

-- Hemingway

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4680 users online. 262 members and 4418 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X