300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington cops?

Doesn't look like this area gets a lot of posts, but I'd figure I'd ask anyways. Ive signed up for diffreent departments and have been doing some ride-alongs, just wondering if anyone is in the Tacoma or surrounding areas
    "Be polite,
    Be professional,
    But always have a plan to kill everyone you meet"

I Am A Fed In Ca. Now But From Seattle, What Do You Wanna Know?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Comment

Used to be a reserve officer for Lacey and now work for Boeing security, what would you like to know about LE?

Comment

Just would like the most advice I can get. I still have a couple years before I can get into LE, so I'm just getting the experience and what not now (CJ degree, Loss prevention etc).

My biggest concern though, is I used pot from 14-16 yrs old and tried meth twice, and I want to work for pierce county or a city department.
        I'm extremely worried this is going to prevent it from happening. Do you know how strict they are on this? I'm completely honest about everything and cannot imagine LE not being in my future.
        "Be polite,
        Be professional,
        But always have a plan to kill everyone you meet"

Comment

I worked in a county north of Tacoma and I can tell you that in my county and most departments I know of using Meth is an instant DQ. Trying pot a few times most will over look but not meth. WSP will DQ you for trying pot. Good luck to you.

Comment

I dont mean to hijack your thread, but i have been considering WSP and though im 21 now i did try Pot when i was in my early teens. i know i need to be honest about this, but how badly is that really going to hurt my chances of getting on with them? also any other information about WSP would be much appreciated, i do currently work for DHS via TSA and have recieved high praises while there... if necessary i will start a seperate thread but this one kinda got me thinking

Comment

From what I know from friends in clark county, pot use if done a while ago, is not an automatic DQ, but the meth use, ..... don't know about that one. I myself tried pot in college which was like 8 years ago, didn't prevent me from getting on with my dept but I was totally honest about it. I suggest total and complete honesty.
              Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

[QUOTE=
                tried meth twice, [/QUOTE].... I think that might DQ you....
                "here's to us and those like us .....damn few left"

Comment

Originally posted by Shrew
                  I dont mean to hijack your thread, but i have been considering WSP and though im 21 now i did try Pot when i was in my early teens. i know i need to be honest about this, but how badly is that really going to hurt my chances of getting on with them? also any other information about WSP would be much appreciated, i do currently work for DHS via TSA and have recieved high praises while there... if necessary i will start a seperate thread but this one kinda got me thinking

WSP is one of the few agencies I know of that will dq you for having tried pot. This might have changed in recent years but their very picky. Most other agencies if it's been over five years and only done a few times will have no problem with it. Good luck to you.

Comment

wsp will not automaticly dq you from using pot if was just one of those phases where you were just "experimenting", lets say early on in your highschool years and only once or twice. i have i good source on this one.

Comment

Grew up in Issaquah now live in the other Washington miss home.

Comment

Originally posted by fedcop64
                        Grew up in Issaquah now live in the other Washington miss home.
                        I was just in Issaquah last weekend for Salmon Days. I'll be moving to the 'other' Washington in a couple days, too, for a fed job.
                        Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Wa

Im assuming that you are from Wa. and want to stay there?? Rains to much for me. I considered Wa. when I lived there (Ft. Lewis) but decided after a terrible experience with Tacoma PD that out west was not the place for me (in reference to law enforcement). I will say that every department has different policies for drug use. some will DQ you for anything but pot, some DQ for hallucigens(sp?) some for "hard" drugs....dont give up on your plan, just keep applying and consider other states. Sometimes starting at smaller agencies and getting experience is a great way to move to bigger departments
                          www.officerdownbracelets.com
                          R.L.T.W

Comment

wa?

You should check into Eastern Washington dept's. Believe me, it's totally different then Western Washington...Night & Day!

Comment

Port of Seattle Police

Anyone heard if Port of Seattle Police is hiring? I'm a Fed/Cop in DC and would not mind going home again for the right agency like POS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6055 users online. 362 members and 5693 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X