Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here in the hiring process for Tacoma PD?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here in the hiring process for Tacoma PD?

Was anyone here at the September 19th testing location? (Grey Middle School - Tacoma, WA)

Unfortunately I was ranked higher than 40, and wasn't qualified for the next testing phase.

Miraculously, I got another email from our recruiter just several weeks ago with the PHQ information to begin the BI process; and then schedule for the oral boards. (Alot of DQ's I imagine?)

It seems like this process takes such a long time! I tested on September 19th! That's literally almost 5 months ago! Time flies way too fast. I feel like I should have be testing for several agencies like every other day.. Time is gold..

In any event, I hope you all that are testing / in the hiring process for Tacoma have the best of luck.

Tacoma seems very promising though. I cannot wait for the next phase.
    Last edited by Dillybob; 02-05-2015, 01:36 AM.

Believe in the process my friend, I tested in June...
    I didn't hear back until december.....
    Had the wonderlic, other tests and oral board 2nd week of january
    Started background the next week, amd now finished up background and now im headed to the academy class next month.
    Just do your best, take it serious, and be 100% honest and youll be ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LRS14 View Post
      Believe in the process my friend, I tested in June...
      I didn't hear back until december.....
      Had the wonderlic, other tests and oral board 2nd week of january
      Started background the next week, amd now finished up background and now im headed to the academy class next month.
      Just do your best, take it serious, and be 100% honest and youll be ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That's great LRS14! GL In the academy, congratulations!

I just got this email about a day after submitting the application ~
      "You have not been selected to move forward in the hiring process. It is the practice of the Tacoma Police Department to not release any details regarding an applicant’s disqualification."

What a bummer to be honest! I just wish they would tell me why they DQ'd me though! But then again, it's not like I can change anything in the past, or try to 'make things right' about why they DQ'd me anyway. That would be lying to myself and future departments. So on another hand I can understand why it's a policy. And I have to respect that.

Oh well, I wish everyone else here the best if you're still in the hiring process with TPD. Their recruiter is extremely nice, and while at the PAT everyone was extremely respectful and professional. I'm going to try public safety testing, and some others and see what happens..

Comment

if they dq'd you before even doing a background interview, it may mean you have an automatic disqualifier or there's something too recent in your history that they don't want to take a chance on. review the auto dq list. you may find your reason there.

Comment

Originally posted by CarRamRod View Post
          if they dq'd you before even doing a background interview, it may mean you have an automatic disqualifier or there's something too recent in your history that they don't want to take a chance on. review the auto dq list. you may find your reason there.
          Didn't see your reply until now, sorry about that.

Yeah, I made a thread last week in Ask The Cop. I misused the word disqualification, I guess I just wasn't selected. I need to keep my head up and continue to apply. I do feel like I was treated pretty well in that forum, as I know it's a slaughterhouse for OP's. I'm going to take these officers' advice and run with it as fast as I can. "That's not a disqualification, that's competition.". That is my favorite quote so far in my thread, it really says a lot. And I'm glad they are not scared to tell me the truth. The morally driven career LE has is just another reason why I want to be in this profession. I've got a long ways to go though.
          Last edited by Dillybob; 02-25-2015, 03:17 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6468 users online. 351 members and 6117 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X