300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierce County Sheriff's Department

Anyone else currently in their process for deputy sheriff? I just took my polygraph yesterday and have my written pysch next week.

I submitted my bg package to them last month. Haven't heard anything since.

Originally posted by 03nathan View Post
    Anyone else currently in their process for deputy sheriff? I just took my polygraph yesterday and have my written pysch next week.

Comment

My neighbor is a Pierce County K-9 handler. He told me there could be a lot of retirements soon, so they need to hire a bunch of deputies. He also said they are washing out a lot in FTO. So make sure you are squared away.

Comment

PCSD is definitely on a hiring push on the patrol and corrections side of things. There's at least 8-10 in various BLEA sessions right now. One suggestion I have is to do some research on their budget situation. In recent times, Pierce County has not been financially sound.

Comment

If you are a solid candidate and you present yourself well. Odds are they may give you the conditional. The backgrounders there are some stand up guys and they will be on the level with you. I was disappointed that I did not get hired over the summer.

Comment

Hello AR-15,

Did your neighbor mention why so many people are washing out of FTO? Seems like other departments are having trouble with trainees who can't "multi-task". If I don't survive the "Rule of 5" with my current department I'm testing with I'll apply with PCSO. I've met Sheriff Pastor and other deputies on various occasions and all have been extremely pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by M-4 View Post
              Hello AR-15,

Did your neighbor mention why so many people are washing out of FTO? Seems like other departments are having trouble with trainees who can't "multi-task". If I don't survive the "Rule of 5" with my current department I'm testing with I'll apply with PCSO. I've met Sheriff Pastor and other deputies on various occasions and all have been extremely pleasant.
              My neighbor mentioned not being able to multi task, also not having a command presence, and no taking control of a situation. And among others. That's what I'm hearing from other officers from other agencies also.

Comment

I think you can place some of this blame on the Blue Courage concept. The academy pushes the be polite, respectful, understand, etc. aspect. Don't get me wrong, it's a great concept for most situations. But there are times when Blue Courage philosphies don't work and you have to go into ask, tell, make. Some recruits can't seperate between the two because they just aren't suited for the job or they have been spoon fed the Blue Courage philosphy and that makes them hesitant to take control and be the police.

Comment

I took my polygraph last week myself and was told the next step is the psych exam. I have not heard from PCSD since then and find myself starting to worry. Should I be concerned or am I just being a bit too anxious?

Wish you all the best.

Comment

I doubt if you should be concerned. Did they advise you to follow up with anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by archy View Post
                      I took my polygraph last week myself and was told the next step is the psych exam. I have not heard from PCSD since then and find myself starting to worry. Should I be concerned or am I just being a bit too anxious?

Wish you all the best.
                      I'd wait. It's only been a week. I waited a few months to get the results from my poly. Departments are very busy and they'll be in contact.

Comment

Hear anything back yet?

Comment

I have my pre-oral board this Wednesday.

Comment

Nice! Do you know your rank?

Comment

Something bad. Lol. 100 something.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2980 users online. 163 members and 2817 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X