300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auburn PD

Is anyone currently going through the process for the City of Auburn? Anyone have general information about the department? Work Schedule? Department Reputation?

I currently am in the process with the city, and have had a great experience so far. Just looking to get some more information from those who may have it.

Thanks.

Go Hawks.

I worked for Auburn before I got hired by King County. They are one of the busiest departments in the Valley, if not the busiest. Sometimes there are 20 to 25 holdings calls when late swings start. One day when my FTO and I were coming back from SCORE jail, we pulled up the holding calls. We had 23 calls at 1630. We pulled up the other holdings from other Valley agencies. Between Kent, Federal Way, and Renton, there were only five.

Minimum of six officers per shift. Day shift is 0600-1600, early swing 0900-2100, late swing 1600-0200, and graveyard 2030-0630. SO there is a little overlap during the busiest times. There are two teams or "sides" an A and B. For example, A side would work Tuesday -Friday, with Sat - Mon off. B side would work Fri-Mon, with Tues -Thurs off. Overlap on Fridays, which a lot times are training days. They switch days off, days on, every four months. So you work weekends for four months straight. Then switch. I think the B side works every weekend in the Summer this year.

They are switching over to the Ford SUV for their squads, before they ordered the Caprices, which I thought were crap. And also switching to Glocks, they issued Sigs when I was there. They are looking into issuing rifles to officers.

Overall, a good department, just too small for me. And the days off, days on schedule.

Comment

Hey,
      I was wondering when did u start going thru the hiring process? And how long ago did u take the test?

Comment

Originally posted by 07coug24 View Post
        Hey,
        I was wondering when did u start going thru the hiring process? And how long ago did u take the test?
        I applied in June 2013 and was hired in about two months. I was hired as a lateral, so the selection process was a little different than for entry level.

Comment

Coug24,

I did my physical/written in November... Had my oral board at the beginning of the month... recently turned my background information in, and now waiting to hear for the next step. Are you in the process as well?

Go Cougs

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, what was your test score? I tested with Auburn and never got an invite to the oral board yet.
            Originally posted by SYelly View Post
            Coug24,

I did my physical/written in November... Had my oral board at the beginning of the month... recently turned my background information in, and now waiting to hear for the next step. Are you in the process as well?

Go Cougs

Comment

I scored a 96 on the written.

Comment

That probably explains why I didn't get invited. I scored a 85.
                Originally posted by SYelly View Post
                I scored a 96 on the written.

Comment

Hey guys,

Yes i am currently going thru the process. I scored a 84.8 on the written for public safety testing back in August and have not gotten a call from any department yet. Hearing ur score though makes me think I'm going to need 2 retest for a higher score.
                  I am currently signed up to take the test for kc sheriff and bellevue pd. I am also waiting to hear back from Seattle pd on taking their test. I am going to the test workshop for Seattle pd this Thursday.
                  So i guess we all shall see, at least the ones who r waiting...lol

Go Cougs!!! The best college in Washington State

Comment

Coug24,

I have a friend who scored an 85% on the written, and we took the test at the same time in November. We both went about a month and a half before we heard back from anyone... Puyallup PD was at our test site, talking about how they had 5 openings ASAP, so we both added them, figuring we would hear back quickly. I didn't get a call from them until last week... The one thing I am learning, is that every department moves at its own pace. It's a grind! Best of luck.

Go Cougs.

Comment

I'm going to be testing for Auburn here in April through public safety. Do they offer any kind of foreign language bonus, either while hiring or later for promotion?

Comment

Originally posted by MattKay View Post
                        I'm going to be testing for Auburn here in April through public safety. Do they offer any kind of foreign language bonus, either while hiring or later for promotion?
                        Not that I am aware, but never hurts to ask them. They do have an education incentive though.

Comment

I'm awaiting to hear back from my background investigation (if I move on or not). Too much anticipation :X.

Comment

I believe i applied to Puyallup...but anyways hopefully i get thru the NTN one and the SPD one...
                            After goin 2 the info session for SPD, i found out that if u make it all the way 2 oral boards, they r holding them in march and if u make it thru that, and they get thru ur background info and of course the other typical steps be4 an offer of employment u could be going 2 academy within 5 to 6 months if there r slots available

Comment

Originally posted by AirmanSingh View Post
                              I'm awaiting to hear back from my background investigation (if I move on or not). Too much anticipation :X.
                              Airman.... When did they begin/complete your background? If you don't mind me asking, where are you on the eligibility list? I had my background interview this week, just the waiting game now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6086 users online. 318 members and 5768 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X