300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitsap County Sheriff Opinions

Hey everyone, Im thinking about testing for Kitsap County Sheriff. I heard that their applicants are usually pretty thin as far as numbers and I'm curious... Is this because it's not a desirable place to work? Or is it just by chance that they don't get a lot of people applying?

Thanks

I think they require at least an associate's degree or law enforcement experience which makes most applicants ineligible. During at least one point in time they only considered applicants with military experience because they were using grant money to fill the open position. They go long periods without accepting applications. When they do accept applications it is only for a very small window of time, so applicant's need to be paying attention or lucky to apply when they are accepting applications. They do their own testing instead of contracting with PST or NTN; many people test with those companies and aren't aware of agencies that don't use them for testing. Their point of contact for recruiting isn't very responsive except to tell people to sign up for notifications of job openings. And their civil service commission disqualifies everybody that they can in the application stage prior to testing.

I haven't heard much complaining from their Deputies. I think their recruitment plan is just awful.

Comment

The only two-cents I can add here since I was raised in and around the Kitsap area is that it isn't really a fabulous place to work but it isn't awful either. It's rural and contains a military base (and thus all the military-related crimes that come with it) but I don't completely rule Kitsap county out as an undesirable place to work.

However, when I was applying back to Washington (I moved to OR for a LEO position and am now returning "home") I did notice that Kitsap SO is offering significantly lower salaries to what other agencies are offering. Compare Kitsap to what King County is offering and you'll see what I mean--even if King County boasts to be the highest paid agency in Washington, Kitsap offers quite a bit less.

Comment

Comparing pay against King County isn't a fair comparison. For one, the tax base in Kitsap County is far less than in King, cost of living is less as well. Majority of the time, if you compare against King County, you will be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by PD190 View Post
          Hey everyone, Im thinking about testing for Kitsap County Sheriff. I heard that their applicants are usually pretty thin as far as numbers and I'm curious... Is this because it's not a desirable place to work? Or is it just by chance that they don't get a lot of people applying?

Thanks
          They are hiring laterals and entry level at this time. Deputies just received a raise.

Comment

They just started using PST so this will drastically increase applicants for them.

Comment

Originally posted by 808deputy View Post
              They are hiring laterals and entry level at this time. Deputies just received a raise.
              Lateral interested in applying next lateral test is October 21st. Kitsap County is looking to hire 8 more. Now is the time to test if you want a job on the kitsap peninsula. You need to submit you application ASAP.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4028 users online. 206 members and 3822 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X