Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful with the shotgun method. One of the questions my agency asks all candidates is "what other departments have you applied to?" If someone was applying to departments that had nothing in common in terms of size/policing etc. it is a red flag that they are just trying to get their foot in the door anywhere. With budgets the way they are, we were not willing to take a risk with someone that we thought might just be trying to get a foot in the door and get training/experience on our dime only to then move on and lateral to where they actually had wanted to get hired on in the first place. I am by no means saying don't apply to multiple places. But if you do, be sure to be able to answer up for the reasoning in which you applied to each one. Applying to a large metro department, a super small department, a tribal department an out of state department or two and the VA Police for instance would be a super red flag.

Carefully select each department you apply to, do your homework on them and be able to explain why you applied to them if asked. Doing a lateral transfer is not always easy either. You have to go through the entire hiring process all over again with the new department even if you are already a LEO. Competition for more desirable PD's can be fierce even among lateral candidates and you have to do FTO/probation all over again which leaves open the possibility of being out of a job/career should you not fit in with the new department.

Comment

Very good advice there. Agencies and background detectives are smart. They will see right through you unless you have solid reasons why you want to work for their agency. They will know when you're BS'ing them.

Comment

There is an updated list that I was just added to. There are 106 people on it now.
        Last edited by talon19; 01-13-2015, 04:11 PM.

Comment

How did you know there are 106 people on the list? Is there a website for this or did they tell you? Are these numbers always changing? Thanks.

Comment

When you are going through the process they email you your number in the list. You wont get notified until after the written, PAT, and Oral board.

Comment

Originally posted by jbf101 View Post
              When you are going through the process they email you your number in the list. You wont get notified until after the written, PAT, and Oral board.
              Thanks for the info. Just found out I passed my oral. Now waiting to see what is the next process....background maybe?

Comment

Should be the background meeting with the BI then polygraph before the actual background investigation starts.

Comment

Anyone here test back in October? Have you heard anything?

Comment

I tested in the January 20th written and am waiting to hear something to start my polygraph/background. Anyone test at the same time? Or from the previous testing?
                    Last edited by ashleysnyder23; 03-10-2016, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know if Everett has a minimum test score limit?

Like they will only oral board applicants that scored 85% or higher?
                      On the PST website it shows them having 20+ openings.

Comment

Most have at least a 70% minimum. They may be taking only the top scores for oral boards, starting from the top and working down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I don't check to see if the glass is half full, I make sure its not dirty.

Comment

Spoke with an HR representative today,
                          They are creating an eligibility list. If you pass with a 70% or better they will run background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got my number on the list today. Im curious what a good number is if there are 282 people on the list right now. Any ideas?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5409 users online. 327 members and 5082 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X