Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everett Police Department

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    So are we supposed to mail in the application? It wasn't very clear to me on the website.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Xrayone1 View Post
      I'm on the list in the 30's and just got the call today to meet with my background investigator.
      Xrayone1, can you shed some light on the exam..? Does Everett use the P.O.S.T or National Testing Network's Ergometrics?

      I called the Testing Recruiter and left a message and still haven't received anything.

      I would greatly appreciate it.
      Thank you.
      "Never look down on somebody unless you're helping them up."

      Comment


      • #18
        The test is neither P.O.S.T. nor NTN style. I don't believe there's a video test. It will just be basic English (reading, writing, comprehension) and some math. From what I hear, it isn't too difficult.

        Once you complete the written, you'll do the PAT a week or 2 later. FYI, Everett, like several other SnoCo agencies, conduct their polygraph early in the process versus towards the end of process so at least you'll be able to get that out of the way early.

        Hope that helps.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by CarRamRod View Post
          The test is neither P.O.S.T. nor NTN style. I don't believe there's a video test. It will just be basic English (reading, writing, comprehension) and some math. From what I hear, it isn't too difficult.

          Once you complete the written, you'll do the PAT a week or 2 later. FYI, Everett, like several other SnoCo agencies, conduct their polygraph early in the process versus towards the end of process so at least you'll be able to get that out of the way early.

          Hope that helps.
          CarRamRod, thank you for your answer. I greatly appreciate it.
          "Never look down on somebody unless you're helping them up."

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by joseph_dimaggio537 View Post
            Xrayone1, can you shed some light on the exam..? Does Everett use the P.O.S.T or National Testing Network's Ergometrics?

            I called the Testing Recruiter and left a message and still haven't received anything.

            I would greatly appreciate it.
            Thank you.
            I'd say the test was most comparable to that of Buckley PD and close to Public Safety Testing. The physical will be about two weeks after the written and the oral board is about a week after the physical.

            From the information I've been given the rest of the process goes BG meeting, poly, chiefs interview/conditional offer, psych and medical.
            "Walk softly and carry a big stick." -Theodore Roosevelt

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by joseph_dimaggio537 View Post
              CarRamRod, thank you for your answer. I greatly appreciate it.
              No problem. Let me know if you have any more questions. A close friend of mine just completed the process recently and I can run any questions through him.

              After speaking with him today, apparently 2 people are working while waiting for the academy and 3 others including him have just accepted offers. According to him, the article that stated 21 spots was exaggerated a bit. The numbers are closer to the 15 that was mentioned at the beginning of this post.

              Either way, great opportunity for all. Good luck to anyone in the process or planning to test.

              Comment


              • #22
                I will be sending in my application by the end of this week. I was in the hiring process with WSP and received an email yesterday few weeks after my psych interview that I am no longer considered a competitive candidate and can reapply in two years.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by 03nathan View Post
                  I will be sending in my application by the end of this week. I was in the hiring process with WSP and received an email yesterday few weeks after my psych interview that I am no longer considered a competitive candidate and can reapply in two years.
                  Sorry to hear that but don't worry about that too much. It's been discussed here and it's widely known in LE circles that WSP has some of, if not the most stringent hiring standards. Plenty of great people have been DQ'd in their bg/psych phase and have been hired elsewhere. Good news for you is that by making it the WSP psych stage, it means you've passed their background investigative portion and the polygraph. The fact that you passed their investigation portion means a lot and you will likely be successful with other agencies.

                  WSP is a great agency but is different in its own way. Personally, working the highways and freeways isn't my cup of tea. Lots of places are hiring. If WSP is your #1 agency, work a few years somewhere else then reapply. Of course, that would mean doing another academy all over again but it is what it is.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    And for those of you looking at Everett, if you haven't already, take a look at Seattle. Talked to a close friend of mine the other day and they are looking to hiring 100+ in 2015. That's another great opportunity. The key is to get in somewhere. You may not always start out at your #1 agency, but you have a great chance at ending up at your #1 agency by lateralling.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Thank you for the words of encouragement. WSP was never my first choice and I agree with you on the being limited to traffic stops. It was the first application I had turned in,and first agency I tested with. I also just sent a application to Seattle and hopefully will be testing with them Feb 28th

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by 03nathan View Post
                        Thank you for the words of encouragement. WSP was never my first choice and I agree with you on the being limited to traffic stops. It was the first application I had turned in,and first agency I tested with. I also just sent a application to Seattle and hopefully will be testing with them Feb 28th
                        Nathan, I attended a Veterans hiring event and Seattle PD was there. I applied as well, and they are looking to hire 120 Entry Level Officers. I was also informed to attend the Testing Workshops as well, as the majority of individuals who do get hired attend those.

                        Hope that helps.
                        "Never look down on somebody unless you're helping them up."

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Even better news is that BLEA is planning 18 classes in 2015. So if you're hired, you be able to get to the road sooner than its current pace.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Just received my invitation to the DEC 16th test. Anyone know what the dress code is? I would imagine a suit, but I am not sure

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              There's no set dress code. But it's definitely better to be over dressed than under dressed. There will be a representative or two from EPD so you'll want to look sharp. A suit may not be necessary but business attire at the least. If it were a nationaltestingnetwork.com or publicsafety.com test, I'd say no need to dress up because there typical isn't agency reps there.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                And that's what I'm trying to do!
                                Originally posted by CarRamRod View Post
                                And for those of you looking at Everett, if you haven't already, take a look at Seattle. Talked to a close friend of mine the other day and they are looking to hiring 100+ in 2015. That's another great opportunity. The key is to get in somewhere. You may not always start out at your #1 agency, but you have a great chance at ending up at your #1 agency by lateralling.
                                Last edited by bapesta206; 12-11-2014, 02:01 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5509 users online. 332 members and 5177 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X