300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everett Police Department

I am in the process of completing the application.

Is anyone else going to apply? I read somewhere that they have 15 vacancies. Can anyone else confirm that?
    "Never look down on somebody unless you're helping them up."

I tested with them in September, they are hiring 12-15 officers. There were 90 some odd people who tested in that group. Most of us are now on the eligibility list. I'm in the top half of the 74 people on the eligibility list.
    "Walk softly and carry a big stick." -Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Friend of mine just received his official start date. The numbers you stated are correct. They are short a lot of bodies.

Comment

How long has the hiring process been there?
        "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyVet View Post
          How long has the hiring process been there?
          I'm not with EPD with am with another SnoCounty agency. I believe the hiring process for him took about 6-8 months. The issue in WA isn't the length of hiring processes (A friend of mine was hired for a southwest WA dept that took less than 2 months) but rather the wait time for the academy. Unless you're SPD or KCSO, you're waiting 3-4 months for BLEA.

Comment

Roger. Thanks!
            "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Originally posted by CarRamRod View Post
              I'm not with EPD with am with another SnoCounty agency. I believe the hiring process for him took about 6-8 months. The issue in WA isn't the length of hiring processes (A friend of mine was hired for a southwest WA dept that took less than 2 months) but rather the wait time for the academy. Unless you're SPD or KCSO, you're waiting 3-4 months for BLEA.
              Had a buddy start academy within a month of finishing up the hiring process (KCSO). Due to their size, KCSO is able to reserve spots in each class in advance of having a recruit to fill it.
              "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" -Psalm 27:1
              Commissioned Police Officer
              RLTW

Comment

Here's an article from The Herald for you ladies/gentlemen in the EPD hiring process or considering applying.

http://heraldnet.com/article/2014111...otch-officers-

Comment

I'm on the list in the 30's and just got the call today to meet with my background investigator.
                  "Walk softly and carry a big stick." -Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Thanks for sharing CarRamRod. I've heard Everett has the one of the toughest background screenings to pass in the state. Maybe that's part of the reason their short so many bodies?

Comment

Originally posted by M-4 View Post
                      Thanks for sharing CarRamRod. I've heard Everett has the one of the toughest background screenings to pass in the state. Maybe that's part of the reason their short so many bodies?
                      I personally think every decent, well ran agency should and has tough background standards and that affects who can get through the process. Also, retirements are a huge issue right now. The economy has been decent for a little while now, people are getting out when they can. Add that to the usual lateral movement, resignations, terminations, and it just all adds up quicker than you can hire.

Comment

Originally posted by M-4 View Post
                        I've heard they're a little more stringent than others, but I don't think they're quite to State Patrol levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan571 View Post
                          I've heard they're a little more stringent than others, but I don't think they're quite to State Patrol levels.
                          I've heard the same about WSP. I worked with a guy in my previous job that went through the process with WSP. He made it all the way to the psych part. WSP didn't pick him up for whatever reason and within 6 months, he was hired by Seattle and just graduated BLEA.

Comment

Originally posted by CarRamRod View Post
                            I've heard the same about WSP. I worked with a guy in my previous job that went through the process with WSP. He made it all the way to the psych part. WSP didn't pick him up for whatever reason and within 6 months, he was hired by Seattle and just graduated BLEA.
                            Yeah WSP is their own animal, and it obviously works for them and I think they do great quality work, but their standards are definitely on their very own level. I know lots of good cops who for some reason or another have a lifetime DQ from the State, but were fortunate to get on elsewhere and are having very positive careers.

Comment

So latest word I got from talking to my buddy, EPD just hired 3 recruits that will be starting in the next 2 weeks so there are plenty more spots left to fill. Also, if you are looking at EPD, take a look at Snohomish County. Lots of anticipated openings as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5433 users online. 291 members and 5142 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X