300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fto vs. Pto

Has anyone on here or know of anyone who have gone through PTO with a department? I start with King County in a few weeks. They use PTO instead of FTO. What is the difference, if any? I used the search function on this web site, but I was looking for something more specific to King County's training.

At my department PTO stands for "paid time off."

Comment

FTO Vs. PTO

I grew up on a farm. When we used the term PTO, it means Power Take Off.

I had never heard of the phrase Police Training Officer in place of Field Training Officer, but it sounds pretty similar to me!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...78597519,d.aWw

Comment

Originally posted by Flash2pablo View Post
        At my department PTO stands for "paid time off."
        Ditto

Comment

Maybe I should rephrase it. Field Training Officer VS. Police Training Officer.

Comment

Maybe it has something to do with their propensity to fire a large percentage of their trainees.

Comment

They are two different programs to train newly hired officers. The FTO program has been around since the late 60's and the PTO program is approx 10 yrs old.

FTO stresses performance evaluation and scores where PTO is more learning how to problem solve. Both are similar, but also different. Some refer to PTO programs as the "Touchy, Feel Good" type training while FTO is very critical and stressful. The difference appears to be the approach & tone of the training... both have reviews & scores (DOR's)

DOR - Daily Observation Report

Maybe someone can chime in with more info... but this is the extent of my knowledge on the subject as I have only been through 2 FTO programs... and hopefully i'm done with that, lol.
              Last edited by TAPnRACK; 10-31-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6197 users online. 343 members and 5854 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X