300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lateral Questions - Seattle and King County

I am looking to possibly apply to King County or Seattle as a lateral. I am just looking into those two as I like bigger departments. I am currently a police officer in the Houston area.

I have a few questions regarding Seattle PD and King County.

How intense are their FTO programs?? I know Washington State has very intense FTO programs. I read Seattle is not as intense as King County.

Are both departments hiring a lot of candidates and are they extremely selective?

Thank you in advance for any input.

Originally posted by jpimus80 View Post
    I am looking to possibly apply to King County or Seattle as a lateral. I am just looking into those two as I like bigger departments. I am currently a police officer in the Houston area.

I have a few questions regarding Seattle PD and King County.

How intense are their FTO programs?? I know Washington State has very intense FTO programs. I read Seattle is not as intense as King County.

Are both departments hiring a lot of candidates and are they extremely selective?

Thank you in advance for any input.
    Have you looked in to the Kent Police Department? I have heard they are hiring a lot of laterals and someone else in these forums stated it was approximately 60 days from their initial interview until their start date.

Comment

Originally posted by DCAggie View Post
      Have you looked in to the Kent Police Department? I have heard they are hiring a lot of laterals and someone else in these forums stated it was approximately 60 days from their initial interview until their start date.
      Not sure if it has changed in the last few months, but Kent was letting a few laterals go. Even before they hit FTO because the department found some things in the candidates background and other issues.

Comment

Appreciate the reply guys. Having worked in a large city, I prefer to stick to that route. I don't think I would be happy working for Kent or the other surrounding towns.

Comment

Seattle PD is working on hiring 85 this year between Entry, Exceptional, and Lateral Officers. I'm not sure about their FTO programs in comparison. I've been trying to track down an officer here in Salt Lake City who has a brother that works for each. At least that is what one of his buddies seemed to think. Are you going to be at next week's testing for SeattlePD?

Comment

No, I decided to wait for the March testing. I also want to see how this lawsuit pans out. I think Seattle Pd is putting their officers at a dangerous risk due to political correctness and the insane radical liberal politicians. I don't know. It seems like the more I learn about policing in the Seattle area the less inclined I am to leave my current department. The grass is not always greener.

Comment

Damn "jpimus80" Isn't that police work nationwide??

Comment

I am an out of state Deputy Sheriff; California. I have applied to three different Departments; Snohomish, King and Mason County. I am waiting for an open position for Mason where I have been told I am number one on their list, and currently have an oral board scheduled for King; Nov 18, 2014. I was just told by Snohomish they just hired their last open position, but expect future positions in the future.

I am looking for advice for the King County Oral boards, what to expect. I would greatly appreciate any information that could be passed along.

Comment

Originally posted by davjon1409 View Post
                  I am an out of state Deputy Sheriff; California. I have applied to three different Departments; Snohomish, King and Mason County. I am waiting for an open position for Mason where I have been told I am number one on their list, and currently have an oral board scheduled for King; Nov 18, 2014. I was just told by Snohomish they just hired their last open position, but expect future positions in the future.

I am looking for advice for the King County Oral boards, what to expect. I would greatly appreciate any information that could be passed along.
                  I sent you a PM

Comment

The Federal Way Police Dept(WA) have been approved to hire five more officers in 2015

FWPD is committed in making it cheaper for the lateral applicant to join our team.

For laterals who are currently employed:

1. Take the written test in your own state, probably at a college near you.
                    2. Oral boards can be conducted by Skype.
                    3. Initial background interview is conducted by phone.
                    4. Upon a positive response from a preliminary background, we will send an investigator to you and your agency to complete an on-site.

You will only need to travel to our location when you are interviewed by the chief. Upon a successful interview, you wlll get a tentative start date and complete the last three tests (polygraph, medical, and psych) normally in two days.

We believe the applicant's time and money are important and shouldn't be wasted on travel.

For more information on a career at Federal Way, go to our website:
                    www.fwrecruiting.com

or email me directly:
                    [email protected]
                    I don't check to see if the glass is half full, I make sure its not dirty.

Comment

WOW! Sounds like a good deal, I just sent my friend a text with the info. He is looking at coming out here to work.

Comment

What's the reason your leaning towards leaving Houston of you don't mind me asking.

Comment

Seattle police FTO is easy for laterals. 2.5 months long. Hardest thing is learning our report writing system.

Comment

I would be interested to know what to expect with King County also... I have my lateral oral boards with them on the 22nd.

Comment

Originally posted by dedwar24 View Post
                              I would be interested to know what to expect with King County also... I have my lateral oral boards with them on the 22nd.
                              Sent you a PM

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6533 users online. 363 members and 6170 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X