Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benton-Franklin County Sheriff/ City PD reserves?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benton-Franklin County Sheriff/ City PD reserves?

So Im currently looking into becoming a reservist either as a city PD or county deputy reservist around the Tri Cities area. I currently live in Oregon across the river in Umatilla County. I was wondering whats the policy of commute or residency? Would I be eligible to apply living in a different state? I recently graduated college with an engineering degree and want to fulfill that career field but still want the possibility of switching careers to FT LE down the road if i am a reservist. The commute time would be about 30-40 minutes depending on the city/county.

Every police department I've seen requires applicants to possess a valid state driver license in the state in which the department resides. As an Oregon resident you cannot legally obtain a Washington State driver license. You will likely have an easier time finding a department in Oregon to reserve at. Good luck!
    "Screw that. We can make bullets faster than they can make terrorists. Kill them all. Every last one." -Interceptor

Comment

The problem is that there are no reserves opening in my city or surrounding Oregon cities for 70 Miles. Neither counties Deputy Reserves are hiring too in my surrounding area, but I do live across the Columbia from Tri Cities which do have open positions coming up for the upcoming year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6748 users online. 344 members and 6404 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X