Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone waiting for an Academy start date?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash2pablo
    replied
    There is a waiver process, that that the academy will issue if they cannot get you into a class within your first 6 months of hire, that allows you to keep working until you can get into the next available academy class. I have no idea if it has been needed or used recently.

Leave a comment:

• Cougars13
    replied
    I don't see the Academy denying someone because they've been hired for more than 6 months. I have a feeling they would get waived because the Academy is so full and departments cant do anything about it. So my department has me on the road with another Deputy. I'm in full uniform, done firearms training and some other stuff. I'm pretty much just observing during my ride alongs. Its very beneficial though...getting to know the guys, how to write reports, tickets, run the radio...etc.. Hopefully I'll here something soon

Leave a comment:

• Flash2pablo
    replied
    My last step to being hired is the physical with the Doctor taking place tomorrow. I know the department I am being hired on with, currently has two entry level that were hired in April waiting for academy, two entry level that were hired last week waiting for academy, myself and two others that have received Conditional offders and are finishing up our medical steps of the hiring.

From my understanding, a newly hired entry level candidate has 6 months to start academy from their date of hire, although there is a waiver process that can be issued.

What kind of work do your agencies have you completing while you are waiting for academy?

Leave a comment:

• beamish
    replied
    awesome job
    Last edited by beamish; 04-04-2015, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cougars13
    started a topic Anyone waiting for an Academy start date?

Anyone waiting for an Academy start date?

Good evening,
    Anyone been recently hired and just waiting for a WSCJTC Academy start date. I got hired by a Sheriffs Office back in April and I have nothing set in stone yet. Looks like I should be in the July or September class. There's only one open class left in 2014! It's obvious departments are hiring again because Academy classes get filled fast.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2935 users online. 162 members and 2773 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X