300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renton PD

Just wondering who has done an Oral Board with Renton and how you did?

I don't know much about Renton other than what's on their website and Annual Report. I'm thinking I might email the department to see if I could possibly do a ride along.

I tested with Public Safety Testing back in April and sent my score to Renton, but I have not heard anything back yet as far as oral boards.
    "Walk softly and carry a big stick." -Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Yeah I tested in March and I'm just now hearing back. I think they only do semi annual oral boards and then from all the scores they get they only take like the top certain amount. I think you generally need about 85-87% to hear back from them but I'm not completely sure. That's just what I've hear from others.

Comment

Yes, there is a minimum test score in order to get an oral interview.

Comment

Originally posted by bapesta206 View Post
          Yes, there is a minimum test score in order to get an oral interview.
          Do you know what the minimum score is?

Comment

I asked them once and I believe it's 80%.
            Originally posted by Xrayone1 View Post
            Do you know what the minimum score is?

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper08 View Post
              Yeah I tested in March and I'm just now hearing back. I think they only do semi annual oral boards and then from all the scores they get they only take like the top certain amount. I think you generally need about 85-87% to hear back from them but I'm not completely sure. That's just what I've hear from others.
              Out of curiosity what did you score and when did you hear back?

Comment

I scored 94% and I just heard from them this week.

Comment

I scored 94% and I just heard from them this week.
                  Nice work! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bapesta206 View Post
                    Nice work! Good luck!
                    Thanks! Now I just have to not mess up the oral board! Haha

Comment

You got it! It seems like you've been testing for a while.
                      Thanks! Now I just have to not mess up the oral board! Haha

Comment

I interviewed with Renton awhile ago. The whole department seems incredibly professional and progressive. While I don't have anything else to compare their oral board to, judging from other accounts on this site I'd say their board is pretty standard. Needless to say, know the city and the department. When is your board? Good luck!
                        "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" -Psalm 27:1
                        Commissioned Police Officer
                        RLTW

Comment

I have one with them the first week of July. I've never had one with Renton either. I tested in April and scored in the low 90%. Just had an OB with Kent and who knows how that one went haha.

Comment

I've been testing since about February of this year. My OB with Kent seemed horrible but I ranked really well.

My OB with Renton is first week of July. I've kinda been leaning towards reserves lately because I'm kinda young and department might be less likely to hire me.

Comment

I've kinda been leaning towards reserves lately because I'm kinda young and department might be less likely to hire me.
                              Getting hired as a reserve is in no way easier than a full time position.
                              Last edited by MichaelW1982; 04-30-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3600 users online. 190 members and 3410 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X