Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet! Congrats JRD!

Comment

Thank you both. They reserve 5 spots for each class so I am working on a early exit from my current employment contract to attend the late October or November course.

Comment

Flash..I completed the Psych exam yesterday and I have my medical exam tomorrow. Hopefully I am successful in those and I will be set!

Comment

Originally posted by jrd_1980 View Post
          Flash..I completed the Psych exam yesterday and I have my medical exam tomorrow. Hopefully I am successful in those and I will be set!
          Sweet, good luck!

I have my oral board next week! Any quick tips?

Comment

Just be ready to articulate your experiences and to sell yourself. If you have the opportunity, go to the Deputy Information Session as that will prep you more than everything. I can't give out specifics because that would hinder the integrity of the board. What I can tell you is that it is very tough. Dress for success and avoid any military jargon.

Comment

Is the Wonderlic the same test NFL players take at the combine? What kind of questions do they ask on the test?

Comment

Originally posted by AR-15 View Post
                Is the Wonderlic the same test NFL players take at the combine? What kind of questions do they ask on the test?
                That's the one. The questions increase in difficulty as you go. The first one might be, "0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0... What is the next number in this sequence?" and five later you might get one that shows you a bunch of jagged shapes and asks which two go together to make a square. There are also word questions, looking for your knowledge of synonyms and antonyms, exact matches, stuff like that.

Google for sample tests; it's interesting. None of the questions are necessarily impossible, but you only have so much time and there are a ton of questions, so you can't spend much time on each question.

Comment

Just submitted my background package. Let's hope I get a call soon.

Comment

This is a long thread and it might have been covered before. If so, I am sorry. Does anyone know what a standard patrol schedule is for the county. Number of days worked in a row and how many hours in a shift. Also how many times a year do they have to switch shifts, if at all. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Any updates?

I'm a lateral officer out of New Mexico and I just recently came out to Seattle to test for the King County Sheriff's Office. I completed my oral interview, Chief's interview, poly, and psych a couple of weeks ago. I received confirmation that I received a passing score on all portions of the examination process and was ranked 5 on the lateral eligibility list. I didn't do as well on my oral board as I had hoped but I did alright. I was really impressed with how nice everyone was throughout the process. I also did a ride along with a mentor that was a lot of fun, i'm really hoping I get picked up. As of now King County has filled all vacancies for the first half of 2016. Was curious if anyone has any information on my chances of getting picked up being ranked 5? Does anyone know how many vacancies are anticipated for the second half of 2016?
                      Last edited by SWATops; 04-05-2016, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SWATops View Post
                        Any updates?

I'm a lateral officer out of New Mexico and I just recently came out to Seattle to test for the King County Sheriff's Office. I completed my oral interview, Chief's interview, poly, and psych a couple of weeks ago. I received confirmation that I received a passing score on all portions of the examination process and was ranked 5 on the lateral eligibility list. I didn't do as well on my oral board as I had hoped but I did alright. I was really impressed with how nice everyone was throughout the process. I also did a ride along with a mentor that was a lot of fun, i'm really hoping I get picked up. As of now King County has filled all vacancies for the first half of 2016. Was curious if anyone has any information on my chances of getting picked up being ranked 5? Does anyone know how many vacancies are anticipated for the second half of 2016?
                        Sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd_1980 View Post
                          Sorry to hear that. It is a rough board, but I would make sure you give it a shot in another 6 months.
                          Hey JRD, Can you PM me? i tried to message you but you have the feature off. Thank you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4553 users online. 291 members and 4262 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X