300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King County Sheriff's Office Oral Boards

I have an oral board with KCSO and was wondering if anyone can give me any tips for the KCSO oral boards? I already know the basics of studying up the department, area, situational scenarios, etc. I'm looking more for insight into anything different or uniquely difficult that KCSO has in their oral board that I can prepare for.

I had an oral board with Kent Police and I feel like that KCSO oral board would be harder because there is so much more information involved. Thank you.

I tested with Kent as well and haveman Oral Board with KCSO too. When is your board with KC?

Comment

The SO offers an informational presentation one Friday a month in Seattle. Go to their website to get more info.

Comment

The next one is in June so they're not going to be able to do it before the OB.

Comment

Reaper08, my interview with KCSO is this Thursday. How'd your Kent interview go? did you rank?

Comment

I had my oral board with KCSO on Tuesday. They said I should be getting my results back in two weeks.

Last I heard from Kent about three weeks ago was I was ranked 5. Haven't heard from them since though. I'm not sure I'm high enough on their eligibility list to proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper08 View Post
              I had my oral board with KCSO on Tuesday. They said I should be getting my results back in two weeks.

Last I heard from Kent about three weeks ago was I was ranked 5. Haven't heard from them since though. I'm not sure I'm high enough on their eligibility list to proceed.
              Talked to a Kent Sgt. a few weeks ago. He said they are having a difficult time finding people to hire. So if you have everything squared away, you probably have a good shot.

Comment

Huh....well hopefully they contact me soon!!

Comment

Nice, I'm ranked 3rd and they haven't contacted me yet either. When I talked to the recruiting officer, he told me as long as you're ranked in the top 19, you'll be ok, since they have a rule of 3 and they have 5-7 positions left to fill

Comment

Top 19? That's a lot of people for only hiring 5-7.

I have been talking with another applicant and they said that they went through their background in a week (unheard of). And they have the chief's interview soon.

Comment

Rule of 3 means that for each open position, they will do 3 backgrounds per that position. KCSO told me they currently have a rule of 5 and yeah, I heard this applicant for KCSO say that his background took 2 weeks...which is crazy fast lol

Comment

Wow!!

How do you think you did with KCSO?

Comment

i'm not sure, it was much more difficult than kent's oral boards. howd you do

Comment

Haha! I felt it was easier than Kent's Oral Board! I thought Kent was SUPER hard!

Comment

@jlee5 can I ask what your percent was on Kents OB? I'm just curious as to how much our scores differed....feel free to pm me or tell me no hah

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4982 users online. 304 members and 4678 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X