300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympia Police Department

I just completed an Oral Board with Olympia.

I currently live a few hours away. I have visited a few times and driven through many times.

Does anyone have any information regarding this department?
    Great things they do and maybe any items of caution? How are opportunities for different duties and advancement?

The reasons I considered them and applied are: proximity to extended family, capital of the state and size of the department. They also appear to be very well paid, considering other departments

I plan to complete a few ride alongs, if I am invited to the next step past the Oral Board. I should find out in about two weeks, from what the Sgt told me. One other item he noted is that new hires, will likely not start Academy until October due to a backload of new hires accross the state.

Thanks for any information!
    Last edited by Flash2pablo; 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM.

Backload is an understatement. I think he means new hires hired right now - those who have already gone through background, psych, medical, etc - will be going through in Oct. By the time you get hired, it'll probably be later.

Best of luck!

Comment

I went thru their process a good while ago and passed their board but I was so put off by how rude and self-important their background investigator was (is?) that I let it lapse. Hopefully others have better experiences

Comment

What did you score on the public safety testing? I tested for a Oly a couple weeks ago, and felt like I did pretty good. Haven't heard back yet.

Comment

I currently have one background check being completed and a few more oral boards that i have been notified will be scheduled for next month at different agencies. Currently i am not going to be ready to go to academy until after September because my wife is due with or third boy, so everything will work out either way.

Fun, Can you pm me the name of the bg investigator you had?

I scored in the mid 80 percentile. I do have my bachelor's and doctorate degree, although i do not know if that helps getting an oral board interview.

Comment

Im going to test for Oly, Lacey, Thruston County, and Marrysville on 17 May. Best of luck to you guys!

Comment

Just received word i did not pass the oral board. A little mystified as to why, i have passed multiple other oral boards.
              But not too dissapointed, as after a little more research the department and city are smaller than i prefer to be in.

Comment

Just a word of advice which you may not know, if you don't know the answers to:

Does anyone have any information regarding this department?
                Great things they do and maybe any items of caution? How are opportunities for different duties and advancement?
                before your interview then there's probably a slim chance passing the oral board for the more competitive departments (typically higher paid / larger).

It's okay because it's tough to win them all and some oral boards are extremely difficult. Just keep in mind that simple things like duties and advancements should be something you researched FAR before your interview. In addition to studying up on typical board questions, I spend more than four hours learning about the department and current events of the city; it makes an enormous difference.

Good luck buddy and I hope you get on with the department of your liking!

Comment

I agree, i could have done more studying up front. Since this was not one of the primary departments i am interested in, I did not complete my normal research. This department was about geography.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5897 users online. 318 members and 5579 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X