300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington State Patrol

Anyone else currently in the hiring process? I am currently in Phase 3. Just did my first ride along and it was awesome.

I'm currently waiting to hear back in regards to my background, so phase 3 as well. I tested back in July and had my polygraph in Aug. How about yourself?

Comment

Phase 1 in October, Phase 2 in November, and the polygraph last week.

On my ride along I got to talk to an unarmed cadet and an armed cadet, and they both kept telling me no news is good news for phase 3. There's an Arming class in January and an Academy shortly after.

What I did learn though was that they start you on payroll before you even go to the arming course as an unarmed cadet.

Comment

Right on. Best wishes to you and the process. Maybe we'll meet someday soon!

Comment

Hey guys. I did my poly on August 2nd and the investigator told me he was done in late august. Anyone hear anything about the E list or conditional offers? I was told they would call as soon as the backgrounds were scored and approved, waiting sucks!

Comment

Yup, waiting is a joy! Good way to develop patience. I'm in the same boat as you DavidJW. My poly was on Aug. 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by archy View Post
              Yup, waiting is a joy! Good way to develop patience. I'm in the same boat as you DavidJW. My poly was on Aug. 7th.
              Ha! I guess that's one way to look at it. I took mine August 2nd. I really hope we hear something about the January arming class, it would be fantastic to not have to take another quarter of classes. Have you gone on a ride-along yet? I went with an ADAT trooper in Vancouver in an unmarked explorer. We got into a FORTY MINUTE PURSUIT. Ever since then I've been eager to start!

Comment

I was sarcastic with the joy part, but yes, the wait is good for your character! I've been on quite a bit of ride a longs, enjoyed them all. Hoping to hear back at the right time with the right news. Best.

Comment

well they called all my references during the holiday week. Anyone else heard back?

Comment

Nothing yet.

Comment

What exactly is an Arming Class?

Comment

Arming Class is 7 weeks of training that cadets go through to get basic training and to be armed (they get their gun). It is a different session of classes from Trooper Basic (academy). After Arming Cadets are deployed to work Cadet positions throughout the state OR are put directly into Trooper Basic.

Comment

Has anyone else heard back?

I got a conditional offer on friday.

Comment

Grats zeprider25! I have not heard anything myself.

Comment

I got word back, didn't make the cut.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3988 users online. 249 members and 3739 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X