300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiting for BLEA

Is any one else waiting to go to blea at burien? They've cancelled the last couple academies due to lack of enrollment. Wondering if any one else is waiting as well

I wish i was waiting does that count

Comment

I just completed the BQ investigation with Kirkland PD. The BQ investigator informed me that Kirkland PD would be enrolling me and two others in the July 13 academy. I believe the majority of the agencies are shooting for that date. My guess is everyone wants to get their candidates qualified on this one because nobody knows when another class will be held. With the past couple of cancelations I believe there will be enough candidates to fill a class of 30.

Comment

Don't get your hopes up too high for a July class. As of last week there were only 16 applicants for attending the next class, they need 30 to hold the class. Tacoma has one already waiting; hoping to have a few more for the August class. Talked with Vancouver and Everett and it seems they are shooting for August too. Who knows, maybe it will be a go, but right now I'd give it much less than 50/50.
        www.tacomapolice.org

Comment

Thank you for the insider info TPD Recruiter. Maybe I was a little bit too excited. I guess we'd get more time to prepare. Again, thank you.

Comment

Rough times ahead as local governments tighten belts and hire less. This story will continue for some time. Hopefully for those that are waiting, their home agencies will provide some initial training or at least keep you busy.
            Life is too short to cry about yesterday.

Comment

Thanks TPD that's the number BLEA sent to us, supposedly Spokane is going to hire 6 entry levels shortly, that might help with the numbers. Just crazy to think out of the whole state they only have 16 new recruits.

Comment

Wow. Only 16 recruits. When was the last BLEA class? Couple months back I presume?

Comment

Originally posted by sir View Post
                  Wow. Only 16 recruits. When was the last BLEA class? Couple months back I presume?
                  The last class was #671 which graduated on April 21.
                  www.tacomapolice.org

Comment

Originally posted by sir View Post
                    Class #673 is in progress. Started March 31 and runs to August 9th.

Comment

I was recently hired with a department in May. Another Officer was hired a month prior to me. Him and I are both waiting for an academy to start. Luckily we were able to go through some initial training to get qualified and start our FTO process. Hopefully July gets enough people. Good Luck to all, and look forward to meeting those of you that will be attending.

Comment

Heard from BLEA up to 22 moved selection up to 6-24

Comment

Originally posted by rural_law View Post
                          Heard from BLEA up to 22 moved selection up to 6-24
                          I heard Puyallup will probably have two to add soon and will Fife PD.

Comment

O
                            Originally posted by Rodeojones View Post
                            I heard Puyallup will probably have two to add soon and will Fife PD.
                            You sure about Fife? I ranked very high on their list during this past entry level police test and besides oral boards, haven't heard anything from them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryandus View Post
                              O

You sure about Fife? I ranked very high on their list during this past entry level police test and besides oral boards, haven't heard anything from them at all.
                              That's what my Patrol Captain told me two days ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6315 users online. 340 members and 5975 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X