NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Does anyone know anything about SCORE (South Correctional Entity)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ignite
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2011

Does anyone know anything about SCORE (South Correctional Entity)

Apparently it's a soon to be jail, that is being constructed and slated to open in September of this year and will house 800+ inmates. Testing is done through PST.

Taken from their craigslist job posting:

SCORE is a multijurisdictional misdemeanant jail that will soon be located in Des Moines, WA. Construction of the new facility is scheduled to be finished by September 2011, and will house 813 inmates. Serving the Cities of: Auburn, Burien, Des Moines, Federal Way, Renton, Sea Tac, and Tukwila.

I test with PST on Friday and will have my score transferred to them. Does anyone have further info on this? According to their PST posting a month ago, they are filling 80 positions...
    Last edited by Ignite; 05-26-2011, 12:41 AM.
  • Ignite
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2011

70 views and 0 responses. Hmmm....

Comment

• Ryandus
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2010

I've heard SCORE tossed around in the past and in passing from some of my colleagues, but nothing really that's substantial enough to give you any info. Sounds like a great opportunity, and getting during the beginning stages of a correctional facility is almost the best time/place to get in.

Good luck with your PST test today, make sure to let us know how you did!

Comment

• xjman1990
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2010

I know they where hiring a lot. they have very strict standards on the BI. if you want more info please PM me.

Comment

• Ignite
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2011

PM sent, xj.

Thanks, Ryandus. I scored an 81% on the written and passed the physical just fine. I really wish I would have brushed up on my math and went over how to do long division again

Comment

• Ryandus
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2010

Just take it as a learning opportunity. Good luck- from my experiences, I didn't really hear back from Departments for 4+ months on average, so be patient, study, and consider reapplying with PST at about the 6-7 month mark for a better score.

You should get a couple call backs also. Don't forget to apply for other departments that don't use PST (there are plenty), such as Everett and Tacoma.

Good luck

Comment

• Ignite
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2011

Thanks. PST told me SCORE is asking for the personal history statement within about a week of receiving candidates' scores. I guess they're working fast to try to fill all those positions.

We'll see what happens with that. That PHS is a sonofa.... 27 pages...
              Last edited by Ignite; 05-31-2011, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• Ryandus
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ignite
                We'll see what happens with that. That PHS is a sonofa.... 27 pages...
                Best advice I could give- get a gmail account and set up a google docs account and upload your PHS into Google Docs. You WILL use it for reference later on and with google docs, you could access the information anywhere.

I use it also to keep all my civilian transcripts, copies of my WSDL & driving record, military certificates/awards/DD 214, and birth certificate. Time and time again, having electronic copies of that stuff has proven invaluable in my 3 years of applying.

Comment

• Ignite
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Ryandus
                  Best advice I could give- get a gmail account and set up a google docs account and upload your PHS into Google Docs. You WILL use it for reference later on and with google docs, you could access the information anywhere.

I use it also to keep all my civilian transcripts, copies of my WSDL & driving record, military certificates/awards/DD 214, and birth certificate. Time and time again, having electronic copies of that stuff has proven invaluable in my 3 years of applying.
                  Good advice. I will do that.

Comment

• Ryandus
                    Forum Member
                    • Jan 2010

Yeah, after filling out probably 10-15 of those personal history statements, I realized the value of holding onto all the information. It's much easier to reference and fill out new ones.

Just make sure to keep up on your references, addresses, and phone numbers.

Comment

• xjman1990
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Ryandus

How did you upload all this? You digitally scan it to your self then save it and uploaded it? I have all my stuff saved on my desktop in a file "Police"

Comment

• Ryandus
                        Forum Member
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by xjman1990
                        How did you upload all this? You digitally scan it to your self then save it and uploaded it? I have all my stuff saved on my desktop in a file "Police"
                        Yeah, scan it using fax or scanner (K7 has a free fax number that emails you your faxes, very useful), then you upload it at docs.google.com. You can create folders and organize all your info.

So if your stuff is already on your desktop, should be as simple as selected the entire folder and uploading it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20952 users online. 60 members and 20892 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...