300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver Police Department - Accepting Applications

The Vancouver Police Department is currently accepting applications for ten vacant positions. Testing will be conducted by Public Safety Testing (www.publicsafetytesting.com). Entry-Level and Lateral officers are welcome to apply.

For information on the department see the VPD website: www.vanpolice.org. The website also lists contact information for recruiters who can answer questions.

Two informational meetings have been scheduled at the Water Resource & Education Center, 4600 Columbia Way, Vancouver, WA 98663. These meetings are targeted towards those who have little or no experience with the police testing process.
    May 20, 2011 at 7pm
    June 17, 2011 at 7pm

Testing dates and locations are available on the Public Safety Testing Website.

Feel free to PM me with questions.
    Last edited by Vancouver WA PD; 05-04-2011, 05:20 PM. Reason: Add information that this is open to entry level and laterals

Thanks so much!

Comment

So these 10 positions are for laterals only? According to the Vancouver website, there is no testing for entry level...

Too bad I already paid PST. Grr...

Comment

Ignite, who cares? Besides, a lot of departments see the value of a fresh face and new officer as opposed to laterals only. It's possible they say no testing for entry level because they now contract with Public Safety Testing

I'll be sending my application in as well. Thanks for the tip Vancouver WA PD.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignite View Post
          So these 10 positions are for laterals only? According to the Vancouver website, there is no testing for entry level...
          Using my detective skills. .... it looks like Laterals apply via the Vancouver (via governmentjobs.com) website and entry level via PST. Which is common for depts to do.

The PST site says "Vancouver Police Department currently has 10+ vacancies. We will be hiring both entry and lateral candidates to fill these vacancies. " Last updated: 05/04/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryandus View Post
            Ignite, who cares? Besides, a lot of departments see the value of a fresh face and new officer as opposed to laterals only. It's possible they say no testing for entry level because they now contract with Public Safety Testing

I'll be sending my application in as well. Thanks for the tip Vancouver WA PD.
            Well, I don't care if they don't care... It just seemed that they do. I did PM the original poster about it and he confirmed that it's for entry or lateral. I have put in my application to test (first time/n00b)). Here goes nothing!
            Last edited by Ignite; 05-04-2011, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Well, I don't care if they don't care... It just seemed that they do. I did PM the original poster about it and he confirmed that it's for entry or lateral. I have put in my application to test (first time/n00b)). Here goes nothing!
              Glad to hear it. Just send the applications and forget you put them in, that way each time you get a call back, it's a surprise.

Good luck to you, I sent mine in too

Comment

Originally posted by Ryandus View Post
                Glad to hear it. Just send the applications and forget you put them in, that way each time you get a call back, it's a surprise.

Good luck to you, I sent mine in too
                Haha. Good advice.

Good luck to you as well.

Comment

Sweet! I'm going to forward my score in the morning.
                  Last edited by K-9 Future; 05-05-2011, 03:01 AM.
                  "If you run from the law, you'll only go to jail tired."

Comment

Vancouver PD is always accepting applications from laterals.... this current announcement is for entry-level applicants.
                    Last edited by Vancouver WA PD; 05-05-2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

When does the application period close, and will you start conducting interviews once an applicants score is submitted?
                      “The Blue Book says we've got to go out and it doesn't say a damn thing about having to come back.”

-Captain Patrick Etheridge, U.S Life Saving Service

Comment

Also, gauging from past testing cycles, any idea how many applicants you're expecting total (obviously only expecting a really rough, ballpark estimate)? I like knowing the odds... although they usually depress me.

Comment

Original Post: "When does the application period close, and will you start conducting interviews once an applicants score is submitted?"

There is no "Closing Date" for applications at this point in time for entry level applicants. Applicants who successfully pass the Public Safety Testing portion of the process will usually be contacted for further processing within 2 weeks of their scores being received by the Vancouver Police Department.

Comment

Also, gauging from past testing cycles, any idea how many applicants you're expecting total (obviously only expecting a really rough, ballpark estimate)? I like knowing the odds... although they usually depress me.
                            We have no way of knowing how many people will show up for testing. Past experience would indicate at least a hundred or so, but based on the economy, job market and other factors, it is extremely difficult to develop a meaningful estimate.

Comment

Got the invite to the next step of the testing process. Didn't realize Vancouver had so many steps, a lot of checks and balance.
                              "If you run from the law, you'll only go to jail tired."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7095 users online. 362 members and 6733 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X