300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pcso

Hey all - for those looking, PCSO has an entry level recruitment open. App period closes this Friday, 5/6.

Originally posted by GHGirl_78 View Post
    Hey all - for those looking, PCSO has an entry level recruitment open. App period closes this Friday, 5/6.
    Thanks- cute dog on your avatar- is it yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryandus View Post
      Thanks- cute dog on your avatar- is it yours?
      She's the grand-daughter of my dog. Love that photo, classic shepherd!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I applied! Does anyone know when the actual testing will start?

Comment

Why so soon after the last testing, anyone know? Is this a real testing for a position, or are they just building a list?

Comment

Thanks a lot for posting this! I wouldn't have caught it if it wouldn't have been posted on here. I just tested with the PCSO a month or two ago. Maybe there was a significant change in the budget and they are looking for more applicants...?

Who knows, I am going to apply again and see what happens.

Thanks again for the heads up I appreciate it

-Daniel

Comment

I just submitted my PCSO application as well. Hopefully some more information will be forthcoming.

Comment

Hopefully testing info will be emailed next week. My unofficial source tells me that there are positions to be filled from this recruitment, however I haven't been able to get a confirmation from HR on that yet. This opening didn't seem to be highly advertised, I'd been looking for it since hearing from Pierce County HR that there would be a recruitment posting this month. We'll see what that does for applicants this time around

Comment

Yea, this was not advertised high like they normally are. Maybe it's a test to see whom is really paying attention, i didn't even get notification from my interest card i submitted with them. I am waiting for a time-line from a person i know within the department let see who get it's first haha.

Comment

I'd been looking for it since hearing from Pierce County HR that there would be a recruitment posting this month. We'll see what that does for applicants this time around
                    Thank you for letting others know. I'll tell you what, that sense of helping others (applicants) will serve you well in your law enforcement career. Good luck to all.

Comment

Per HR, there are 3 or 4 open positions to be filled from this recruitment.

Comment

Per HR, there are 3 or 4 open positions to be filled from this recruitment.
                        Thats terrific news. When I tested with them a month or two prior, they said from that testing that there were 3-6 positions. (I believe that was the number) I am thinking that maybe the budget was extended for new deputies. I am hoping that I will get the invite to test again. I feel that this time around I will do 90 times better on the test! The way the reading section is set up is a little quirky but this time around I know I will succeed Lets keep eachother posted on the process.
                        Last edited by Super_HKS; 05-06-2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_HKS View Post
                          Thats terrific news. When I tested with them a month or two prior, they said from that testing that there were 3-6 positions. (I believe that was the number) I am thinking that maybe the budget was extended for new deputies. I am hoping that I will get the invite to test again. I feel that this time around I will do 90 times better on the test! The way the reading section is set up is a little quirky but this time around I know I will succeed Lets keep eachother posted on the process.
                          Yep, that's what I remember too, in regards to openings they mentioned at the last test. Either they have more $$, or they didn't come up with any viable candidates during the stages after the PAT. Hard to say....

The test is definitely easier the second time around (the Feb test was my second, I was on the register that expired Oct 2010). But, that being said, it's not a sure deal to pass either, as I found out. I was absolutely certain that I outperformed my first test, and was stunned to find out I didn't pass the report writing section this time. Having seen the format now, you'll find that the reading section goes much more smoothly for you this time around. I will be practicing my detailed reporting this time to make sure I don't repeat the last performance!

Comment

Yep, that's what I remember too, in regards to openings they mentioned at the last test. Either they have more $$, or they didn't come up with any viable candidates during the stages after the PAT. Hard to say....

The test is definitely easier the second time around (the Feb test was my second, I was on the register that expired Oct 2010). But, that being said, it's not a sure deal to pass either, as I found out. I was absolutely certain that I outperformed my first test, and was stunned to find out I didn't pass the report writing section this time. Having seen the format now, you'll find that the reading section goes much more smoothly for you this time around. I will be practicing my detailed reporting this time to make sure I don't repeat the last performance!
                            I can certainly see how it would be easier the second time around. We are not able to disclose anything that would violate the terms of the exam so I am not going to go into details but yes I agree that the reading portion for me this time around will be ALOT easier since I now know what to do.

Comment

Can you guys tell what the subjects are on the PCSO written( math, reading comp, spelling ect?)......... Any one get word of a time line yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5695 users online. 358 members and 5337 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X