300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gig Harbor Police Department is hiring

I wanted to put the word out that the Gig Harbor Police Department is currently hiring one patrol officer. This is open to entry level applicants as well as lateral applicants.

Entry level applicants are encouraged to visit the publicsafetytesting.com website. The website hasn't been updated to show the vacancy. Lateral applicants can apply through city hall.

An oral board is tentatively scheduled for next month.

Visit www.harborpd.com for more information about the agency. Let me know if you have any questions, I will answer them to the best of my ability.
    Last edited by H20; 04-11-2011, 10:13 PM.

I do have a question. It looks like the next available time for Public Saftety Testing test would be May 13 in Lynnwood (there are tests this weekend, but I'm unable to get the time off from work that quickly).

Would scores from those tests be done in time for GHPD to consider them for this current opening or would they be too close to the scheduled oral board?

Thank you for your time.

Comment

^Good question. I too would like to know the answer to that one.

Comment

It would be nice if they updated with PST. Then I could forward my score from last month.
        Last edited by K-9 Future; 04-16-2011, 02:50 AM.
        "If you run from the law, you'll only go to jail tired."

Comment

I will find out what the "cut-off" date is for PST applicants for the oral board. The oral board is scheduled for May 12th, so the tests from the 13th obviously would not fit into the time frame.

Comment

Here is what I got from our HR dept. this afternoon;

"I’ve got 100% response for the top ten we’ve asked to interview. I don’t anticipate that we will be re-opening the Oral Board process for at least a year; maybe two."

So, it looks like they have the list of applicants completed for entry level, and have them scheduled for the interview next month.

Comment

*grumble grumble*

Thanks for the info anyways.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5195 users online. 316 members and 4879 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X