300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maxz View Post
    jgoss4 - by next month do you mean October 2013? I checked their website but the most recent announcement I could find was from 2009.
    Their test was this last weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by fun. View Post
      Their test was this last weekend
      oh gotcha, ok

Comment

• For those who have attended the Fife Reserve Academy, is it every Saturday or select Saturdays? I've read a few different places it's every Tues/Thurs/Sat, and other places say, "Tuesday and Thursday nights and some Saturdays."

Comment

• Every Saturday, with very limited exceptions (almost none).

Comment

• Is anyone aware of departments, other than Fife, currently accepting applications for reserves? I suspect there must be some, but have struck out in my research so far by checking department websites and the WSCJTC page.

(The Fife PD has a graduation photo from last year's reserve academy on their FB page - I think if I could read the patches on the graduates arms it would be a gold mine of information but the photo isn't of the best resolution.)

Comment

• Originally posted by maxz View Post
              Is anyone aware of departments, other than Fife, currently accepting applications for reserves? I suspect there must be some, but have struck out in my research so far by checking department websites and the WSCJTC page.

(The Fife PD has a graduation photo from last year's reserve academy on their FB page - I think if I could read the patches on the graduates arms it would be a gold mine of information but the photo isn't of the best resolution.)
              Pick a community you live near or know something about. Contact their police department or SO. Ask around, email departments. Get involved and good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrafficOpsCom3 View Post
                Pick a community you live near or know something about. Contact their police department or SO. Ask around, email departments. Get involved and good luck.
                Thanks, I've contacted 11 but haven't had any luck finding anyone accepting reserve applications.

Comment

• I know this thread is old, but the Clark Co. Sheriff's Office has a reserve program down here in SW WA. I just went thru the hiring process and our academy starts Jan 13th. Pretty excited!

Comment

• CCSO has an awesome reserve program, one of the best in the State. Congratulations on making it to the Academy. Good Luck

Comment

• Thank you, pretty excited to move forward with this little adventure!

Comment

• Good luck with the academy. Hopefully it will be all you have wanted it to be.

Comment

• Does anyone know of any agencies that are still currently hiring reserve officers in the king and pierce county areas?

Comment

• dukun8ter
                            dukun8ter commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sorry to revive and old thread, but any luck? I’ve called multiple agencies in the King, Pierce, and Thurston county areas and it seems that they’re all focused on getting full timers vs reserves.

• Peacefulness
                            Peacefulness commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ruston, Milton, DuPont, Lakewood, Pierce County, and shelton are all hiring reserves from what I am aware of.

• Peacefulness
                            Peacefulness commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Gonna also include mount lake terrace, Morton, Algona, Roy, and enumclaw.

• Sounds good, thanks! I'll keep looking around. So far, I've been in contact with Centralia. Fingers crossed I can get something started.

Comment

• Peacefulness
                            Peacefulness commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm sure you will get it, almost no one wants to be a reserve police officer right now so there will be no competition at all. I only tested with two other people where the department was looking to hire 12 reserves.

• On similar topic of reserve officers, does anyone know of departments hiring part-time officers? Apparently it's a thing and has gotten me interested as they are in the same category as reserves except of course they get paid an hourly wage while reserves of course do not get paid.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2689 users online. 141 members and 2548 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X