300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirkland Police

Does anyone know much about the reputation of this department? Off hand, do you know if they allow ride alongs?

According to the city employment website, it says they have 21 positions (between entry and lateral) to fill, but there are no specifics that I see on when testing is being done.

and on the department's entry level FAQ page it says: "In 2011, we will be hiring 5 laterals and 6 entry level officers."

P.S. I could really use some advice on which departments to apply with this year. It will be my first bout of applying for a law enforcement job. Are there are any departments that are looking to make a lot of new hires? King County is preferable, but any good prospects that are within a reasonable distance will do fine.
    Last edited by Ignite; 03-30-2011, 03:16 AM.

Comment

dont settle for just one, apply to all over the state! best .02 cents u can get haha

Comment

Apply and test for all agencies that are accepting entry level applicants. It will at least build your public speaking and testing skills.
        Life is too short to cry about yesterday.

Comment

Kirkland has entry level registry totaling over 1000 applicants at last check. One might just look at another agency for now.
          Life is too short to cry about yesterday.

Comment

Good morning Ignite,

I was a Police Explorer for the Redmond Police Department and we did alot of things with Kirkland PD on a regular basis. Kirkland PD would be a great place to work! The job pays well, the city is great, and the department as a whole is awesome. I completely agree with XJ1990 on this one and also recommend that you test with as many people as you can! Do not settle for just one place because if you do this and it doesn't work out, you are back to square one. The best 3 places to check for law enforcement employement are
            1) www.publicsafetytesting.com

Alot of agencies in Washington State use these guys to conduct their written and physical testing. It saves the agency a lot of money and condences things for them.

2) https://fortress.wa.gov/cjtc/www/ind...jobs&Itemid=11

The BLEA website is a great resource because there are plenty of departments throughout Washington State who don't use public safety testing and conduct their own testing. Check there from time to time for new agencies added to the list

3) forums.officer.com

Sometimes when opeings become available, there will be a thread in the Washington State section.

Hope this is useful for you and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

-Daniel
            Last edited by Super_HKS; 03-30-2011, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Ignite, (and anyone else aspiring to be an officer)

If you want to be a police officer in Washington you need to apply and test for whoever you can. Eastern Washington, Western Washington, small, large, county or city. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. With the current hiring climate there are not many department hiring or testing, and when they do there is a lot of competition. Its not like it was 3-4 years ago where every department was having trouble filling spots. Get that first job, go to the Academy and get certified, put in 3 years or so and then lateral to where you want to be (a lot of people find they really enjoy their first departments and stay on).

Public Safety Testing is a great resource, but there are a couple things to remember...

1) Much like any other business, they are in the money making business. Be careful who you check off to test for, the departments you want your results to go to. Each department you check costs $$. Don't waste your $$ by putting in for a department that is not hiring now or in the near future. Do your research!

2) PST only covers about 38% of the law enforcement departments in Washington. The National Testing Network covers another handful of departments. For the majority of the rest you need to do your own research. Do your research!

SUPER listed the BLEA employment page link, it is a great resource for that research. If you (or anyone else) wants a list of ALL law enforcement departments in Washington with links to their web sites, you can e-mail me and request one... [email protected] . I have it in Excel Spreadsheet form and would be happy to share.
              www.tacomapolice.org

Comment

Thanks, all! That BLEA website has job postings from 2009, not sure how relevant they are anymore? Is it just a resource to see what depts are out there?

I hope departments ramp up the hiring in the next several years... Seems like currently it's a winning lottery ticket to get a job.
                Last edited by Ignite; 03-30-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignite View Post
                  Thanks, all! That BLEA website has job postings from 2009, not sure how relevant they are anymore? Is it just a resource to see what depts are out there?

I hope departments ramp up the hiring in the next several years... Seems like currently it's a winning lottery ticket to get a job.
                  The CJTC website use to be great and up to date, but your right they don't seem to remove old job postings anymore. It all started to go down hill when their budget went south.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3979 users online. 215 members and 3764 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X