300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everett PD test takers!

Good luck tonight ladies and gents. I hope that everyone is able to get a great score on the test and is able to start the process with Everett PD. I took the test 2 years ago and to say the least, I snowballed the test. I skipped over 1 question and screwed up my whole test. Aside from that I was in the process of getting a house, 1 week away from my wedding, and had my brother get in a life ending accident. When you take the test tonight make sure to periodically check your answers to make sure you don't skip anything and come in with a clear head! This is muy importante!. They only test twice a year so make it count. Also like it says on the invite letter, parking is limited. When it says limited, its pretty much telling you that you are going to have to park quite a ways away and walk . Last time I tested I parked in a neighborhood and walked.

See you guys there and best of luck applicants,

-Daniel
    Last edited by Super_HKS; 03-15-2011, 02:44 PM.

Ill be there! Good talk Super HKS..

-Yorik

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...143-Everett-PD
    Last edited by IPG1939; 03-15-2011, 03:07 PM.

Comment

^ I didn't even see that until now.

I looked at Google maps and remembered that I parked on Oakes Ave last time. It was literally the only place to park that wasn't ridiculously far from the senior center.

Comment

I just talked my girl into dropping me off at the front door...... Then she can go shopping!
        LOL.

See you there.

Comment

Originally posted by IPG1939 View Post
          I just talked my girl into dropping me off at the front door...... Then she can go shopping!
          LOL.

See you there.
          Maybe I can talk my wife into that . (Minus the shopping). We are currently in the process with getting a house. Its weird because 2 years ago I was in the process of getting a house and it fell through and here we are two years later and in the process with a house and testing with Everett PD. Its Deja vu just with a different job and this time around I am a married man.

Comment

See you there. Reminder- the weather is horrendous. Give yourself plenty of time to get here

Comment

see you all there too. I have a long ***** drive ahead for me! wife will be dropping me off as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryandus View Post
                See you there. Reminder- the weather is horrendous. Give yourself plenty of time to get here
                Oh my gosh your telling me! I got off work at 3pm and it was a torrential downpour!

Comment

Everybody post when you start getting the P.A.T. invite letters!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nate_07 View Post
                    Everybody post when you start getting the P.A.T. invite letters!!!!
                    Well everyone will get their letters at the same time wither or not you pass. 2 weeks until we know

Comment

Yes, however some will get letters before others due to distance from shipping location. If I remember correctly last time I got my letter before the two week mark. Does anyone remember how many people will be invited to the P.A.T.?

Comment

Originally posted by Nate_07 View Post
                        Yes, however some will get letters before others due to distance from shipping location. If I remember correctly last time I got my letter before the two week mark. Does anyone remember how many people will be invited to the P.A.T.?
                        Around 85. They said they had roughly 4 waves of applicants. My 4:30 test had around 85 people

Comment

I didn't know they had 4 groups of test takers. I was assuming that the 7:00 PM group was it. If they are going to accept 85 people to take the PAT, your chances of getting hired are probably around the 7.7% mark. Kind of a scary number but you have to keep plugging away on each step of the process. Good luck guys and gals and hopefully we hear some good news in the weeks to come.

**EDIT**
                          I hate to say this but another thing that is going to weed out a lot of applicants is the PAT. A lot of applicants think that the push-ups/situps/ and runs are a piece of cake. They are not terribly hard to do but if you are out of shape or have not been preparing yourself properly for the tests, you will either score poorly or fail. As many of you know, a statistic last year with the WSP testing process was that 60% of applicants were failing the PT portion. That is an outrageous number! Here is a chart of the WA state basic law enforcement academy PT standards: http://www.publicsafetytesting.com/infodoc.cfm?id=9
                          If you struggle with the bare minimums on the PAT, you need to start working out on a daily basis and really push yourself! With some agencies if you fail any part of the PT test, some allow you to retake it 1 time. With Everett PD, I do not think thats the case. (Don't quote me on this. For the best answer contact one of the SGT's listed on their recruitment section)
                          Last edited by Super_HKS; 03-16-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Wow, of 4 groups only 85 people will move to the Physical test?

Those who made it to the PAT last time - what was your score? Do you guys know the cutoff?

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Pyccka9 View Post
                              Wow, of 4 groups only 85 people will move to the Physical test?

Those who made it to the PAT last time - what was your score? Do you guys know the cutoff?

Good luck!
                              I haven't done the PAT with Everett PD but the cutoff is the BLEA standards which is a 160 points. There are 200 points possible to max out the PT.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6657 users online. 352 members and 6305 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X