300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver

Im thinking of lateralling to Vancouver PD, but at my current dept. I make 50,000/yr and have a take-home car...would it be worth it? I need an agency with promotions and career advancement or I will be stuck on patrol as a PFC my whole career (5yrs so far).
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Vancouver is a great agency as far as they are busy, they are a large department and there are a lot of opportunities for advancement. They do not have take home cars, but they make good money. Just be aware that they have a LOT of politics. So if you don't mind dealing with that, it's a good department.
    Life's too short for regrets...

I can learn something from anyone, even if it's what not to do...

Comment

Have you thought about Tacoma PD? Take home cars. Top step 2009 wage (2010 & 2011 are in arbitration): $73,361/year. Contract language guaranteeing we are paid 105% of the average of our comparable departments (Everrett, Bellevue, Kent, Vancouver, Spokane). Automatic wage incentive pay (CALEA, LEOFF 2, Shift differential, specialty teams, longevity, education, military, bi-lingual, etc) ranging from 1% to 5% for each incentive. PM me or e-mail the link at the bottom of the employment page on our web site at www.tacomapolice.org for more information.
      Last edited by TPD Recruiter; 03-07-2011, 02:42 PM.
      www.tacomapolice.org

Comment

We are currently attempting to fill ten positions and are accepting applications from current LEO's. Feel free to contact me with questions about the process, benefits, work schedule, etc.

Here's a link to the application page: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/van...27%3E%3Cheader

Sgt. Troy Price
        Vancouver Police
        (360) 487-7463

Comment

Thank you guys!
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
          that we are all that stands between
          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

TPD, is Tacoma recruiting at this time?

Comment

The city of Tacoma is unfortunately is financial disarray. Theyre trying to find ways to not lay off right now, Lord only knows when they'll get to hire again

Comment

Originally posted by fun. View Post
                The city of Tacoma is unfortunately is financial disarray. Theyre trying to find ways to not lay off right now, Lord only knows when they'll get to hire again
                I see that the TPD recruiter post is over a year old. This now makes sense. I knew they were having issues.

Comment

TPD recently laid off I believe 60 something officers. They won't be hiring anybody new in the forseeable future. All of those officers will be first in line if/when they start hiring again

Comment

Originally posted by slsteiner88 View Post
                    TPD recently laid off I believe 60 something officers. They won't be hiring anybody new in the forseeable future. All of those officers will be first in line if/when they start hiring again
                    Something to consider when putting in for a lateral. Evaluate how well off your department is financially and how well off the department you want to work at is. All the benefits and pay in the world mean nothing if after 5 months you find a pink slip in your box and your old position has been filled.

Comment

How is life as a police officer in Washington? I currently work in North Carolina, but I have no ties here as I am from the great north. My department has great equipment, top notch technology, and plently of room for advancement. Unfortunately, NC is a right-to-work state... meaning I don't get paid but $16 an hour. We've got officers and corporals with upwards of 15 years experience who still aren't at $50,000, and some not very close. Theres nothing more enjoyable to me than being out in the mountains. If anyone can give me some insight into life in WA it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Thanks for the info in this thread.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5610 users online. 334 members and 5276 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X