300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride along prep for oral board

I am curious to know about how long from receipt of my scores to the different agencies I've applied to before they usually contact for an oral board, hopefully I'll have time for a ride along in that window of time so I can be more prepared for the oral board, that is if I'm invited to one, I'd rather be more prepared and not need it than need it and not have the info.
    Thank you!

It depends on the agency. Are they actively hiring or just maintaining their elibility list as they are required to by law. Call their recruiter and they should be able to give you an answer.

`Take as many ride alongs as possible with as many different agencies as you can. It will give you a good prespective of small town vs Big city, city vs sheriff

Comment

Also, depends on your PST score. The agency may hold oral boards but if your score is not high enough you may not get a oral board.

Comment

Scored an 86% on PST, good score from what I'm finding, thanks Nate and Jastbr!!
        Last edited by jeremywize; 10-28-2009, 02:12 PM. Reason: Mistook verbage

Comment

Ask to do ride-alongs regardless. I did two with different agencies I was applying with; shows initiative, not just "I'll do rides with agencies that contact me to do oral boards." You can use that in your oral boards as well: "I've done ride-alongs with your agency as well as A and B agency, to see how departments are run and to gain experience from officers on patrol" etc etc.

Comment

I like it Jenners, good call! Thanks man!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6397 users online. 366 members and 6031 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X